Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
left  Contest 1: The Marijuana Conspiracy, Deadline January 26th, 2007   Options  V right
sacredadmin
post Jan 19 2007, 03:00 AM
Post #1

Sacred Admin

Group: Sacred Admins
Member No.: 1

Sacred Cow Essay Writing Contest #1
Subject: The Marijuana Conspiracy
Contest Deadline: January 26th, 2007

Question for this Contest:

"Why does the office of the Drug Czar (John Walters) work so hard on convincing the public that Marijuana is one of the most dangerous drugs on Earth when medical research indicates otherwise?"

Related Links:

War on Drugs Czar
Myths vs. Reality

Related Videos:

Contest Prize: Killar-Khristmas-konspiracy-pack

IMPEACH BUSH T. Shirt

The winner of this contest will also get their essay posted on the Sacred Cow website along with a photograph of themselves showing off their new SCP gear!

Sacred Cow Essay Writing Contest Rules
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Jan 22 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #2

sacrosanct

Group: Sacred Members
Member No.: 92

"Why does the office of the Drug Czar (John Walters) work so hard on convincing the public that Marijuana is one of the most dangerous drugs on Earth when medical research indicates otherwise?"

The short answer is job security. Were John Walters to change his stance on marijuana we would see a new Czar willing to read from the Harry J. Anslinger script. Walters must do as he is told.Why is marijuana illegal? Partially because people occupied with doing what they want are frequently unavailable to do as they are told. Partially to legitimize the office of the Drug Czar, but that office is just a symptom of the desire of the powers that be.

Is it an understatement to say that drugs are big business? Are drugs the biggest business? I don't really know (my guess is organized religion), but I do know it's up there. Marihuana is illegal because it is impossible to control the business of a plant which will grow just about anywhere. Business can't stand business it can't control. You will find business on the profitable side of any war. Both sides really. It is more about profiting than winning. The War on Drugs is not something they intend to win. Just something they intend to keep fighting.

While that seems to make some kind of sense you might argue, "why wouldn't business want to profit from the many beneficial uses of marijuana and hemp?" The powers that be are in the business of population control. Once control is gained over a certain aspect of societal behavior that control is seldom relinquished. They are far less concerned with the effects of weed than their rationalization for kicking your door in. It is hand in hand with the War on Terror and the Patriot Act with its vague language that criminalizes everybody. Legalization or decriminalization of pot would be steps in the direction opposite that which they are marching. I have heard the scenario referred to as 'Problem-Reaction-Solution', where centralized power, in order to further centralize power, creates a problem (real or imagined) to generate public outrage (real or imagined) and thereby offer the solution that they just happen to have prepared.

It is difficult to imagine that the Office of National Drug Control Policy isn't familiar with the history of marijuana or the potential it has in a free market. It won't ever really matter what the medical research indicates. Would Aspartame be legal if it did?

--------------------
"If you were supposed to watch your mouth
all of the time, I doubt your eyes would be above it"
- Drive-By Truckers

____________________________________The Earth is Flat____________________________________
+Quote Post
GOAsT
post Jan 23 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #3

Unregistered

The office of the drug czar is a tool of the government. John Walters is a mouthpiece for the government that put him in there. John Walters is not an elected official, but a mere bootlicking fascist that was installed by the Bush administration. If he suddenly has opinions of his own he will suddenly not have a job as the drug czar. The real question here is; Why is the Amerikan government fighting a war against personal freedom? Is marijuana not a part of nature? Isn't nature millions of years old and the Amerikan government only 230 years old? Did someone die laughing the first time some douchebag proposed a ban on nature?

My own experiences with marijuana have been nothing but positive. I am often creatively inspired when using marijuana. I have never had a negative marijuana experience at any point during the three years I have used marijuana. Damn near everyone who has ever tried pot has had a positive experience with it. The only downside to marijuana seems to be when police officers are involved. I have a friend who sold a tiny bit of pot to an undercover officer and was thoroughly ass-fucked by the "justice system" because of it. {Quick side note: Just because the sign on the judges desk says "honorable", it don't make it true. A person that imprisons or otherwise hassles another individual because of nature has absolutely no honor. Zero. Individuals who imprison or hassle nature enthusiasts have less honor than a 35 cent whore.}

There may be those who claim that users of marijuana are sick and demented individuals who need to be locked away from society. I don't think so. Do you know that there are humans out there who force other humans to pee into little tiny cups so that they may study it in great detail? I hope I'm not the only one who finds this behaviour sick and demented.

Some people have claimed that marijuana is a gateway drug. In my experience this is not the case with myself or people that I have met. Maybe the problem here is that legalising marijuana would be a gateway law. A law that would lead to stronger laws of personal freedom. Laws that would give individuals the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

I believe that marijuana promotes individualism and the reason it is against the law is because government does not want to promote individualism. Those in the position of perceived authority do not wish to deal with their subjects as individuals. Individualism is the biggest danger to government control. I look forward to a time when individuals freely roam the earth and the idea of government is tossed aside like a used tampon. Will marijuana destroy government?

"The prestige of government has undobtedly been lowered considerably by the prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closelyconnected with this." -Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Jan 23 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #4

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Member No.: 11

The guy's an asshole. He's clearly an advocate of nobody having any fun ever at any time. He posses a small, flacid, deformed member which he routinely flogs upon small amphibious creatures he keeps in a mayonaise jar and brings out during late nights to achieve his own demented sexual gratification. You know those little water-chestnut things they put in Chinese food that nobody likes? He likes those. He eats them with everything. He eats them with salad. He eats salad all the time because he's a total pussy.

Like his friends will come over and they'll be all "Hey John, why you eatin' salad all the time? Why don't you be a real man and eat a fuckin' steak"

And he's all "No, I like salad. It's very healthy. Blah blah blah, I'm a big pussy."

What you have to understand about about John Walters is he used to be like this way big stoner dude- but like there was this one time, you know- like he got this really killer shit and got totally baked off of it. Really, really baked. Baked off his ass. The guy went fuckin' bananas after that.

See him and his dudes you know, they got all stoned right? Then they go to Wal-Mart and this guy Greg (I mean who hangs out with guys named Greg...) he's all

"Hey John, you know what'd be totally sweet-Like you should all climb in there with the frozen turkies and when some old lady comes along just jump out and be all- Hey, you old lady, sup, like I'm a dude not a turkey, sup, you're all old, you old lady."

Then John was all like "Dude-dude-dude-fuck-dude-yes. That is an awesome idea; or maybe I'll just be all behind the turkey and I'll make it move and I'll say "hey old lady, I'm a turkey, check me out I'm all moving and stuff" That'll totally freak her out."

Sadly, John's mischievous intentions were never realized. Positioning himself in the act, he inadvertently rattled an assembly of several economy-size canned yams that fell from the overstock shelf above the frozen goods killing him instantly. Like all dirty fuckin' stoners, John was sent to Hell. There he made a pact with The Devil, he would be sent back to earth if he agreed to help in ruining the lives of millions of other filthy, degenerate, hippie scumfucks. Before John left Hell he sucked The Devil's cock and ate out his ass. The Devil shit in his mouth. John swallowed half the shit and puked up the other half of the shit in The Devil's mouth. The Devil spit out some of the shit-puke and they both rolled around in it for a while fingering each other up the ass. The Devil stuck his big hairy fire-and-brimstone cock up John's tight little butthole using the shit-puke for lubricarion.

John told The Devil he "felt touched on so many emotional levels; it's a really intense experience. I feel scared- but at the same time- I'm excited, so excited..."

The Devil told John "John, I feel much the same way. Somehow it's different with you and I didn't expect it to be, there's something in your eyes John, something in your eyes- It makes me crazy! Oh John, you're so beautiful, I just want to stay here with you in this moment forever."

Then The Devil pounded him some more in the ass.

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
+Quote Post
nailfreakrandi
post Jan 24 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #5

sacrosanct

Member No.: 37

The study on Marijuana basically says that it ruins the mind and makes your judgement impaired. True to the fact. But medical research has shown that Marijuana will take the edge off of the condition of the person to be able feel in a better state of mind. I have never smoked marijuana but am a firm believer in the medical usage of it.

I think certain members of congress or the senate have nothing better to crab about than the issue on marijuana for medical purposes. If and in fact the Government wants to take part then they can run the shops and be certain that these people can easily obtain a medical marijuana license and continue to use it for their medical needs. I beleive correct me if I am wrong that medical marijuana can be used for alzheimers patients as well I know I could of never seen my 95 year old grandmother doing it unless someone had convinced her but she passed away in 2005 so that does no good now.

The fact is that these congressman and women and senators have no idea on the impact of using this for these patients and should consult doctors who do believe in the usage so that patients who are suffering from effects of Chemo etc should be allowed to have the edge taken off when their anti nausa meds do not work.

--------------------
----------------------
"Sticks and Stones may break my bones but your momma may never hurt me"

+Quote Post
goatboy66
post Jan 24 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #6

calf

Member No.: 166

Because if marijuana were legalized, untold persons would be able to grow it themselves, thereby devastating the profits of major, international pharmaceutical companies who rely upon our dependencies on their anti-depressants and other medications, the psychiatric profession for their diagnostics and therapies, the insurance agencies and their control over all the aforementioned and the alcohol distillers for their numbing elixirs.
The "defense" contractors would be unable to sell, via the US governmental "subsidizations," helicopters and weapons and defoliants to Third World nations, in order to continue to maintain the poverty levels amongst their indigenous and itinerant peoples, thereby ensuring a pliant labor force.

Were marijuana legalized, then hemp would, by extension, have to be legalized, devastating the profits of the textiles and construction-materials industries, wherein the people of the world would be able, with cottage-industry tools, to clothe and house themselves.

'Tis naught but a neo-con expression of the economics of corpratocracies.

Their strategy is much the same as why pro-sports is replacing religion as the "opiate of the masses."
As people see through dogmatic thought, they're enticed into believing that multi-millionaire athletes are somehow playing for them, the fans...
In the same way, now that people no longer accept that "rum is the devil's drink," marijuana is being demonized.

--------------------
"The ultimate maturity of man is to regain the seriousness that one once had as a child at play."
-Friedriche Nietzsche.
+Quote Post
Sean Daly
post Jan 25 2007, 01:20 PM
Post #7

calf

Member No.: 175

Marijuana is from the cannabis plant, which has been grown for all of human memory. Like many plants, it can breed naturally, in male and female forms, or can asexually reproduce. One of these forms that can be used is hemp, which is a strong textile, traditionally well suited for use in rope, canvas, clothing, and many other materials. The female version of the plant, however, which has the highest amounts of THC, can be used for many medical and recreational purposes, with very mild side effects.
After trying to stamp out alcohol during the prohibition, in the 1920s and 30s, corporate and governmental forces made a massive effort to stigmatize marijuana and bring about its criminalization. The host of adds, statements, and movies that were shown, depicted the plant, when used recreationally, as inducing violence. The only evidence they had to support that outlandish claim was statistics that areas where more people used the plant, had higher crime rates. What this assumption failed to account for was that those areas were often very poor urban centers, where unemployment and depression exacerbated crime, and incidentally predominantly African-American, with whom it became more popular sooner.
What is much less documented, however, is that fact that the major chemical companies were pushing for illegalization of the plant in general, hemp and the drug, that is, both male and female versions. Using cotton cloth and paper, with much more intensive chemical inputs, the chemical industry found Hemp less profitable. They were not able to get the hemp plant completely outlawed immediately, as hemp rope continued to be grown in the United States, at least until the end of the Second World War. Few people realize that Levi’s Genes were originally made from canvas sale material, which of course was Hemp. Anyone who ever has had their genes tear too easily should lament the loss of Hemp as a clothing material, because it is much more durable than cotton.
Two more developments have recently occurred regarding the cannabis plant. Firstly, marijuana’s effective use as a medical drug became well documented, though many indigenous peoples knew of this for eons. It is easily grown and harvested, and widely distributed. Therefore it is relatively unprofitable for any pharmaceutical company to try to sell it, without the easy applicability of patent laws, even after companies have recently been allowed to patent nature. An artificial synthetic drug, never-before seen and difficult to reproduce, is idea for patent enforcement. Unfortunately, from PCP to Oxycontin, almost without exception the addictiveness and negative side effects of synthetic drugs are greater than their natural counterparts, such as marijuana , coca leaves, and opiates. The pharmaceuticals can be thanked for the great plague of many modern drugs that tear apart the fabric of society.
Lastly, it seems the cannabis plant is almost a miracle plant, when we consider the fact of its relatively easy use in the creation of ethanol/alcohol. Rarely discussed, except on non-mainstream news such as Democracy Now!, it has been found that the hemp form of cannabis, since the recent development of technology to convert all hydrocarbons, has been shown to be more efficient than corn in ethanol/alcohol development. Unlike corn, cannabis is a weed, which is resistant to pests, and needs no herbicides, fertilizer, or irrigation to grow to an acceptable level in many environments. The oil and gas industry also now has incentive to demonize marijuana to criminalize both forms of the cannabis plant.
Pharmaceuticals, Oil&Gas, and Chemical companies have a net revenue of over two trillion dollars annually. To that we should also add the political cost of legalization for the Right, and the drug enforcement bureaucracy and contracting agencies that have developed, when we try to understand why Drug Czar John Walters attacks the plant so furiously.

- Sean Daly
+Quote Post
anarcho-redneck
post Jan 25 2007, 03:45 PM
Post #8

cow

Member No.: 176

Drug Czar Walters Continues Tragic Opposition of Cannabis

The U.S. government’s opposition to cannabis – marijuana – is a tragedy, and furthermore a tragic comedy. It’s tragic because, quite frankly, cannabis is a miracle plant. It has been successfully utilized as a medicine, fuel, and spirituality, as well as a myriad of industrial uses. Many visitors to Sacred Cow already know the lengthy litmus of benefits conferred to humanity by the plant. It is almost comical to hear our so-called leaders of yesterday and today attempt to demonize cannabis. Fortunately, almost all arguments against the weed have been conclusively refuted. Like an inexperience comedian struggling to evoke humor with fart jokes while being heckled by an intellectual audience, Bush’s Drug Czar, John Walters, continues to spew flatulence concerning cannabis.

As many are aware, cannabis has served mankind for at least 6,000 years. Celebrated authors Mel Frank and Ed Rosenthal relate that marijuana was used in ancient times. The first known human use is dated at 6,500 years ago in China. Frank and Rosenthal: “The clothes the people wore, the nets they fished and hunted with, and the ropes they used in their earliest machines were all made with the long, strong and durable fiber, hemp (hemp is a term for fiber derived from the plant E.F.)… People in China relied on Cannabis for many more products than fiber. Cannabis seeds were one of the grains of early China along with rice, barley, millet, and soybeans. The seeds were ground into meal, or roasted whole, or cooked in porridge. The ancient tombs of China had sacrificial vessels filled with hemp seed and other grains for the afterlife.” So, from some of the earliest history of mankind, cannabis was used for food, clothes, nets, ropes, and for spiritual transcendence.

The medicinal uses of marijuana are many and diversified. These medical and pharmaceutical uses can also be traced back to pre-historic times, and continue to this very day. Our own American Medical Association states that the beneficial medical uses of marijuana include stoppage of “HIV wasting, Cancer Cachexia, Chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting, glaucoma, Multiple Sclerosis, Spasticity, and Extrapyramidal Movement Disorder.” The AMA continues: “Case reports suggest that smoked marijuana may benefit selected patients suffering from headache, menstrual cramps, or abdominal pain.” The AMA admits to these numerous, although far from comprehensive, advantageous effects. Yet, the federal government continues its campaign of terror.

Enter Drug Czar John Walters.

Mr. Walters has stated that those who use marijuana are supporting terrorism. He refutes all scientific evidence to the contrary when he claims that marijuana is not a medicine. John Walters is against medical marijuana, yet he is very much for trading drugs for weapons. Selected by Bush, Jr. to be Czar, Walters’ Bush ties go way back. He was intimately involved in the Iran-Contra Scandal, wherein he and others trafficked drugs and then proceeded to undertake a massive cover up. Al Martin, a whistle-blower in the scandal, testified in Congress before the Kerry and Alexander Committees, respectively. Martin states, “They (Secretary of State Kozak and Walters) went down to smooth things over with Noriega, who was complaining that he wasn't getting a big enough piece of the pie for allowing Panama to be used as a trans-shipping point for drugs and weapons.”

Walters was given his governmental work thru Papa Bush. George Bush, Sr. was the head for the Central Intelligence Agency. It comes as no surprise that General Vernon Walters, John’s father, was deputy director of the CIA. The CIA is one of the world’s foremost drug traffickers. Proof? Air America was a project wherein the CIA was running heroin out of Vietnam, as portrayed in the movie by the same name (“Air America”). Cele Castillo quit a lengthy career with the DEA when he discovered the CIA was shipping cocaine and other narcotics into the U.S. from Colombia and Guatemala. Even PBS ran a special called “Gun, Drugs, and the CIA” admitting numerous instances of drug corruption. In recent news, heroin production has vastly increased within the U.S.-occupied Afghanistan under the watchful eyes of the CIA. Furthermore, Al Qaeda was itself created and funded with the use of laundered drug money, as evidenced during the Iran-Contra hearings.

When Drug Czar Walters says that drugs equate to terrorism, perhaps he is being more honest than we know. Drugs are shipped in by the CIA and other government agencies. They are sold to high-level gang members for distribution. The proceeds are used to fund black operations, including assassination and torture. Drug addled Americans are brainwashed thru Project Mockingbird, i.e. CIA members placed into media, especially mainstream news sources. The police then arrest drug users, most of whom have harmed nobody. These drug users are thrown in prison, making America the most populous prison population in the world. John Walters, being involved in drug trafficking and the CIA, is aware of this. Drug Czar Walters is a hypocritical corrupt New World Order minion.

John Walters was also a key figure, along with felon Oliver North, in distributing massive amounts of cocaine, most notably thru Operation Screw Worm. Don Hazen wrote an article for Alternet entitled “Ten Reasons the Senate Should Oppose John Walters”. In it, journalist Hazen pens the following. “Walters praised the Peruvian military's practice of shooting down civilian planes suspected of drug trafficking… Walters has derided advocates of more funding for drug treatment… Walters thinks it is an urban myth that the criminal justice system is biased against black men. Yet black men are admitted to state prisons at a rate 13.4 times greater than white men, though whites and blacks use drugs at equal rates… Walters scoffs at the idea that many drug offenders have been imprisoned just for possession of an illegal substance. But of the 1,559,100 arrests for drug law violations, 78.8 percent were for possession… Walters doesn't think drug sentences are too long. Yet the average sentence for a drug offense in 1997 was 78 months, more than twice the average for manslaughter (30 months) and almost 4 times the sentence for auto theft (20 months)… Walters stated that the federal government should crack down on states that pass medical marijuana laws.”

As we have seen, marijuana has a place in the annals of World History. Too, cannabis has been grown and processed throughout American History. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, two of the most revered Founders, were both hemp farmers. Americans grew marijuana for medicine, rope, clothes, fuel, and a plethora of other items. This ended – with the help of William Randoph Hearst’s Yellow Journalism – because of its potential for direct competition with the new oil-based products, via Du Pont and other corporations.

Despite all the historical, scientific, and religious benefits of cannabis, Drug Czar John Walters opposed Colorado and Nevada’s ballot initiatives to legalize pot in small amounts for adults. John Walters has been opposed by the Congressional Black Caucus, AIDS Action, California Legislative Council for Older Americans, Chicago Recovery Alliance, Colombian Human Rights Committee, Latino Voters League, National Women’s Health Network, The Betty Ford Clinic, and dozens of other groups coming from a diverse range of ideologies and commitments. And, although Federal auditors have deemed that fake news issued by the White House is illegal, The Economist reports that John Walters appeared in such a fake news story that demonized pot.

Like a drowning man gasping for one last breath, the Feds have expelled the hot air contention that marijuana is a gateway drug. This supposition is touted under John Walters. Yet, dozens of studies are inconclusive, and tend to dispute the gateway theory.

John Walters is another Elite Insider, abusing the System for money and power. He deals in drugs with the CIA, and then prosecutes drug users as Czar. He has been criminally involved with the Iran-Contra Scandal. He refutes all evidence in support of marijuana advantages, while simultaneously espousing rumor and innuendo concerning the plant. He steps on the soul of America and the World by refusing to acknowledge the History of Hemp. John Walters is guilty of murder when sick patients can’t receive the one medicine that might alleviate their pain and illness, namely marijuana. He has continued the Communistic/fascistic method of confiscating property through asset forfeiture. Even conservative author, Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, writes, “The problem with Mr. Walters is that he would pursue drugs at too high a cost to our civil liberties and privacy and at the expense of the sovereignty of Latin American countries.”

The War on Drugs is America’s greatest comic tragedy. John Walters is both the evil villain and the idiot jester.
+Quote Post
General Adventure
post Jan 25 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #9

calf

Member No.: 33

Business seems to be the most valid response. Marijuana became illegal through ignorance, but it is staying illegal because of the wide knowledge that we have of its medical benefits as of the past few decades.

If cannabis was legalized the "rumors" of its medical benefits would surely put a dent in the medical industries profits. If it was legalized then anyone could grow it, smoke it or vaporize it and as a result not have to fork over hundreds of dollars to a more harmful drug certified by the medical industry.

This would be the main area of concern for the business man/politician hybrid that we see in the U.S. today.

That being said, there is much more to this than just money. Marijuana seems to have a certain effect on people when ingested, namely, they relax and see things in a new light. This new light can easily shift the focus of the person from a consumer to a philosopher, musician, poet or even a peace advocate. None of these mind sets are very congruent to the programmed images and messages we see and hear through T.V. or radio.

The programmed ideals that are at the fore-front of most of the media are simply consume and be quiet, but happy. Very rarely is there any sort of push for people to sit down and meditate on the daily goings-on behind closed doors.

Another reason is the culture war that many people hold so dearly. America, to quote Bill Maher, "legalizes taste". Many people still in this great nation look differently at those with a separate culture from their own. Mega-churches condemn homosexuals to writhe in agony for all eternity, and for what? Nothing really, but to aid their own weak minded, inflexible stature on what life should be like, not merely for themselves, but for what others should be. Marijuana can and will probably always be a counter-culture symbol as it always seems to shift the focus you typically see everyday to one of a clearer clarity, away from the noise, distractions and lies that so many people will tell you until you can truly see a better path for man-kind. I find it terribly ironic that a country founded on being an iconoclast is now one of the most rooted and defensive nations in the world when it comes to anyone saying something different or disagreeing with someone else's point of view. You would think that the government would absolutely embrace marijuana for what it does, but I doubt that these people know what their country truly stands for.

It's a terrible cycle of one-mindedness, "tradition" and the programming from television. This is all for the benefit for those that hardly need more capitol in the once truly free nation.
+Quote Post
Artillery
post Jan 25 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #10

calf

Member No.: 177

THE FORREST OF EDEN

Marijuana is a dangerous drug.

In order to explain how and why, we must first look at two examples of how the powers that run the United States, State Power, want their citizenry to behave…

The first example is the story of Adam and Eve in The Garden of Eden.

As the story goes (roughly), God creates the Garden of Eden, and makes it a glorious paradise for his human creations to enjoy for eternity. The only stipulation is that they are forbidden to eat from the Tree of Knowledge. So long as they obey this one rule, paradise is theirs for the taking.

The one thing I have never understood about this story is why would God, create man in his own image, create the earth for him and this amazing garden, and yet not want his creation to have knowledge? If he has created them in his own image and he is all knowing, would he not want them to also be endowed with vast knowledge? Who wants stupid children? I could understand if he had said, don’t eat from the Tree of Hatred or the Tree of Greed…but why the Tree of Knowledge? Why must they not eat the fruit of knowledge?

America is the Garden of Eden. In America the possibilities are endless. You can come from humble beginnings and become a billionaire. Everything you could imagine is at your fingertips 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You get to live in the land of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. You can be anything you want to be. You get to have a nice big home, luxury sedan, beautiful wife and kids, vacation home, hi-fi stereo and plasma TV, all the amenities that make life so easy and enjoyable and comfortable. So as far as the dogma goes, America is the Garden of Eden. It also has the same stipulation however, that you get to reap the wondrous benefits America has to offer, so long as you don’t eat off the Tree of Knowledge. So long as you are subservient to the booming invisible voice in the sky and do as you’re told, paradise is yours and you can do whatever you want. If you eat the fruit of knowledge, you’re kicked out!

The fruit of the tree of knowledge in the real world are the mind-expanding drugs that grow naturally on the Earth. Marijuana and mushrooms are like steroids for analytical thought and vision. They allow you to view the world and yourself and mankind from perspectives you were unaware existed. They literally expand your mind and your thought process and your ability to see. In order for State Power to retain its psychological control on the “bewildered herd”, they can’t have the masses eating from the tree of knowledge. They cannot allow the population to begin seeing the world through unfiltered lenses. It diminishes State Power’s ability to keep a tight reign over their subservient cogs who keep their factories running, fill their stores, keep their profit margins high, and fight in their wars.

A prime example of this is what happened in the 60’s during the Vietnam War. The youth of America were ingesting massive amounts of mind-expanding drugs, and they began to wake up and fight against the controlling actions of State Power. They began to protest the war and the traditional values of life they had been programmed to believe were the only acceptable means to succeed in this society. They were abandoning the force fed dogma that keeps the cogs turning and generating wealth and power and control for the elite ruling class. They were looking at their world with expanded, open minds and had removed the veil of forced idealism placed over their heads to keep them in check and orderly and willing to be shipped off to fight the ruling class’s war.

State Power learned a lot from that movement.

They learned that they cannot allow the masses to freely ingest anything that will heighten analytical thought and vision. It is extremely dangerous to the agenda of State Power when the herd begins to stray from the set path of diligent worker /consumer/soldier and begin thinking for themselves. The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the people he didn’t exist. The best trick State Power in America ever pulled, was convincing the people that they are free and in control of their country. It’s far easier to pummel a society into submission through the façade of freedom, then with an iron fist.

It serves the interests of State Power for the masses to remain subservient and dumb. Which brings up the second example of how State Power wants its citizens to behave.

“Stupid is as stupid does”

In the film “Forrest Gump”, there are two types of citizens. There is the dimwitted, slow thinking Forrest who barely has enough intelligence to handle mindless menial duties like running a football, hitting a ping pong ball, working on a shrimp boat or being a soldier. Forrest is the model citizen for State Power. He’s not bright, does what he’s told, and doesn’t ask questions. He is rewarded quite nicely for this. He travels the world, he becomes a war hero, he becomes an Olympic athlete, he meets presidents, he becomes a millionaire in a business up-start, and gains notoriety and fame as the guy who runs across the US. His subservient, no questions asked, dimwitted existence is a huge success. By the standards of State Power, his life is what we should all strive to achieve.

Then there is the woman who has his heart, Jenny. Jenny is your typical liberal cliché, a free spirited peace loving hippie who’s fond of sex, drugs and rock n’ roll and stickin’ it to the man! From the get go, Jenny’s life is not easy. At a young age, she runs away from home due to her abusive, alcoholic father, she has to work at strip clubs to make money, she has to hitchhike with strangers to get around, she is abused yet again by her activist hippie boyfriend, and the cherry on top, due to her free spirited, open-minded behavior she gets AIDS and dies. Jenny is an example of what happens when you question State Power. When you break away from the ideals laid out before you by State Power on how you should live your life, your life is a failure. You get beat by the ones you love and you die of disease. This is what happens when you question authority and jump out of line. This is what happens when you eat from the tree of knowledge, you’re naked, vulnerable, kicked out of the garden and screwed.

If you are stupid is as stupid does what it’s told, paradise is yours. You get to enjoy the benefits of the Garden of Eden America has to offer. You get to live a life that is “free” and rewarding, so long as you continue to shine the chains of the materialistic individual rewards bestowed upon you for being subservient to the agenda of State Power.

Marijuana is a gateway drug. It is a gateway to socio-political change. It is a gateway to progressive, revolutionary thought and vision. It is a gateway to challenging authority and State Power. It is a gateway to the destruction of the fabric of heavy propaganda State Power has psychologically woven into the foundations of all our minds and society. A foundation that has become what we as a nation are most ignorantly proud of: blind subservience to the agenda of the ruling elite cloaked as individual freedom.

And this is why marijuana is extremely dangerous to people such as drug czar John Walters and his cohorts in control of America. Some might argue that as far as drugs go, marijuana is relatively harmless. For State Power, it’s the crack in the dam. It allows you the perspective to challenge the ideals of State Power. It allows you to think for yourself. It opens “the doors of perception” and allows you to truly see the world around you. It allows you to realize that we should stop depleting our own individual life energy for the success and benefit of the few, and instead work together for the greater good of the whole world.

Obviously it affects each person differently, and for some it just turns them into unmotivated, giggling, cartoon watching, cookie monster sloths… but for minds that are already predisposed for thinking outside of the box, marijuana catapults you out of the box and into a whole other realm of thinking.

If it is allowed to be distributed freely amongst the citizenry, minds will open and the dam will crack, allowing the bewildered herd to explode forth, trampling and drowning the authority and control of State Power.

And that is terrifying to State Power, and it cannot be allowed.

The herd must stay in line, and stay in check.

No mind expanding drugs for the peons…. let them smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol and kill their minds.
+Quote Post
Dickens Cider
post Jan 25 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #11

cow

Member No.: 178

MONEY. Plain and simple.

Who has the money?

OLD PEOPLE.

Look at the facts and figures. They will tell you who owns the most real estate, and who has the most in the bank. It's the generation of folks who spawned the Baby Boomers, who like to call themselves "The Greatest Generation". (They are also "The Modest Generation", by the way.) Go to any casino and watch them get up at 7:00 am to begin feeding the slot machines and drinking booze with their retirement money.

So what about the Baby Boomers? Why didn't they get pot legalized? This is the generation that came of age in the 60's, and brought us peace and love and being groovy and all the crap they forgot about by the time the 1980's arrived. "Greed is good." Bill Clinton is a baby boomer. Bush 43 is a baby boomer. They both used drugs, and then hypocritically denied it or refused to talk about it while maintaining the status quo with the "War on Drugs". Why? Who is really pulling Bush's strings? Who are the lobbyists lobbying for? Large corporations with obscenely rich old people at the helm, that's who.

Many of the boomers' parents are still alive, and they still don't want to disappoint their parents and risk losing the inheritance. I think there's even more psychology to it than that. But their parents are, to this day, still in "Reefer Madness" mode. This is mostly due to the effectiveness of people like Harry Anslinger, and oil, tobacco, and alcohol conglomerates demonizing the hemp industry who were once a threat to their profits. See Jack Herer's "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" for more on that.

My hope is that as the Greatest Generation passes away, "Reefer Madness" will die with them. Finally, mom and dad, God rest their departed souls, will be out of the picture and the boomers can finally claim their inheritance money. Simultaneously, people have realized the dangers of smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol. Maybe then, common sense can finally prevail on this issue.

This is the only theory that makes sense to me, because over the last several decades, every lie about how dangerous pot is has been revealed and refuted. (My personal favorite is Anslinger's dire warnings that smoking the marijuana could lead one into listening to "jazz" music. The horrors!) And we see our prison system overburdened with so many non-violent drug offenders, many of whom serve longer sentences than the violent criminals who actually do pose a threat to society. My hope is that at some point, the reasons for legalizing pot will overwhelm the quaint beliefs that keep it illegal today.

Perhaps this can happen before my generation, X, become OLD PEOPLE.
+Quote Post
Shiva
post Jan 25 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #12

cow

Member No.: 180

Todays modern culture stands out in the long record of human history, because of its inability to intergrate natural substances from the plant world. Marijuana is a plant that provides not only effective, but also safe relief from a wide range of symptoms , to include many everyday ailments right up to the ever growing numbers of the terminally ill - in some cases it's their only relief. One of it's many virtues is the extraordinarily low toxicity level, combine that with the small amounts required and almost non existent side effects, and what have you got ? Historically, no other plant has been both praised and vilified at the same time.

Hundreds of exhaustive scientific studies( under reputable, clinical conditions), have been made and/or commissioned. The vast majority have concluded with positive results. In 1972, The Safer commission appointed by President Nixon, recommended that marijuana be decriminalized, Canadas equivalent followed suit a year later. A decade later the National Academy of sciences made the same recommendation,citing impressive evidence that warranted further studies ( cue crickets in the background..). All disregarded and ignored by the government, including requests from doctors and scientists wanting to conduct more research-all denied.

Today in the US, marijuana is classified as a schedule 1 drug-dangerous with no medical applications. People like John Walters try to justify prohibition on data that is gleaned from small samples, often using questionable techniques, executed by researchers whom often have ulterior motives. Pharmaceuticals is big business, big business is big money, and big money tightens the grip with power. Power that is rotten to its core, and John Walters is no more than a pusher in a suit, keeping his toxic, legal drug barons happy and fat.

On a personal note, and for the record, I have used marijuana on and off ( more on these days) for 25 years. I was a fag paper away from death at a young age due to alcohol, and have steered clear of it and almost any conventional drugs since an early age. I've given birth naturally without pain relief , overcome very difficult times, and watched helplessly as others have been dismantled by 'conventional' medicine and alcohol, in all those times I only ever turned to one guardian. That of the holy and sacred grass. The 'drug war' is a crime against humanity, not for it.
+Quote Post
DSweet
post Jan 26 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #13

calf

Member No.: 184

The Drug Czar and other proponents of the drug war are fundamentalists. The foundation of their philosophy of how the world works is the belief that cannabis fuels societal ills like violence, loose morals, and property crimes. Fundamentalist belief cannot be changed with facts, because fundamentalists judge all arguments by their ability to bolster belief. This enables them to reject out of hand any inconvenient research and facts while exalting much weaker logical tools like anecdotes, circular arguments, and straw men.

Faith is inherent to a fundamentalist belief. It implies a border beyond which the believer is unwilling, perhaps even unable, to pursue questions.

Religious people have faith that their prophets and all the people who have carried and interpreted those prophets' messages, sometimes across hundreds of generations, have delivered them an unaltered truth that comes from a supernatural power. Pointing out, for example, incidents where the messages were demonstrably altered doesn't change their belief because it's an answer to a question they can't ask.

Drug warriors have faith in government policies. Why those policies exist, what their ostensible goals are now or were when they were implemented, and what damage those policies might do are, to the faithful, simply not questions to be explored.

Medical research consistently shows the benefits of cannabis for people with diseases like cancer, HIV/AIDS, multiple sclerosis, Huntington's disease, and Alzheimer's disease, among others. No amount of such research will impact the drug war, however, because the warriors aren't asking what possible benefits people might derive from cannabis. It's outside the scope of their belief, leading them to view the entire line of questioning as a "bizarre public discussion." (Tom Riley, spokesman for Drug Czar John Walters, "Contradicting Scientists, FDA Says Marijuana Has No Medical Value," New York Times, April 21, 2006)

Until Walters and other pro-prohibition officials can be forced -- presumably by more powerful officials -- to fight on the fields of supportable logic and sound science, they will continue to embrace the illogic and nonsense that prop up their philosophy, no matter how many objective facts show the war on cannabis to be misguided and destructive.
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 12:15 AM
Skin created by Vanson Studios, © 2006 Sacred Cow Productions