Reply to this topicStart new topic
left  Don't Steal PS3s, or you will die.   Options  V right
Corbin
post Dec 6 2006, 02:17 PM
Post #1

calf

Group: Sacred Members
Member No.: 62

whatever happened to just arresting people?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/04/teen.shot.ap/index.html

Police shoot, kill teen Playstation robbery suspect
POSTED: 1:39 p.m. EST, December 4, 2006

WILMINGTON, South Carolina (AP) -- A teenager accused of robbing a student of two new Playstation 3s on the day the popular game consoles were introduced was shot to death by police sent to arrest him.

Peyton Strickland, 18, was killed Friday at a house he shared with three roommates, New Hanover County Sheriff Sid Causey said.

"If this boy would've come to the door, opened the door, we probably wouldn't be talking," the sheriff said Sunday.

Roommate Mike Rhoton said Strickland was unarmed, but may have been holding a video game controller when he went to the door as it was bashed in by officers.

Authorities promised Monday to fully investigate the fatal shooting. "No one is above the law and no one is beneath its protection," District Attorney Ben David said. He declined to discuss details of the case.

The State Bureau of Investigation is examining the case and three deputies on the team were placed on paid leave, normal practice whenever officers fire their weapons, Causey said.

Arrest warrants alleged that Strickland, a student at Cape Fear Community College, and a University of North Carolina-Wilmington student stole two PlayStation units from another UNC-Wilmington student that day.

The sheriff said the robbery victim had waited three days in line to buy two Playstation 3 units for $641 each at a Wal-Mart. He was unloading the units at his campus apartment when one man beat him to the ground while another took the PlayStations, Causey said.

The sheriff said Strickland was shot by members of a special police unit who went to help university officers serve warrants. He would not say why the special team was assisting.

Strickland's dog, a German shepherd, also was shot to death.

The second man named in the warrants was arrested at another address and was released on bail on Saturday, authorities said.

The nationwide introduction of the Sony game system on November 17 was marked by rowdy crowds and store stampedes. One buyer waiting in line at a Connecticut store was shot by armed robbers.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GOAsT
post Dec 6 2006, 03:40 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

QUOTE(Corbin @ Dec 6 2006, 12:17 PM) *

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Oh shit Corbin! They might be coming for you.
+Quote Post
Corbin
post Dec 6 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #3

calf

Member No.: 62

the news is for everybody.
+Quote Post
nailfreakrandi
post Dec 6 2006, 06:24 PM
Post #4

sacrosanct

Member No.: 37

This is almost as bad or should I say worse than when Cabbage Patch dolls came out. Its really sad over when something come out that someone has to go nuts and take that person's life over it. sad.gif

--------------------
----------------------
"Sticks and Stones may break my bones but your momma may never hurt me"

+Quote Post
Robbie
post Dec 6 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #5

heifer

Member No.: 20

QUOTE(nailfreakrandi @ Dec 7 2006, 12:24 AM) *
Its really sad over when something come out that someone has to go nuts and take that person's life over it. sad.gif

Well the policeman probably really, really wanted a PS3...they're not cheap, y'know...

--------------------
http://www.robbiebonham.com , motherfuckers...
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Dec 7 2006, 04:05 AM
Post #6

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Member No.: 11

Strickland's dog, a German shepherd, also was shot to death.

Eh, as long as I'm making Wizard of Oz references today I might as well put it out there...

"I'll get you my pretty and your little dog too!"

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
+Quote Post
Goatgirluk
post Dec 7 2006, 04:17 AM
Post #7

sacrosanct

Group: Sacred Moderators
Member No.: 17

Doc, could you sort out my ruby slippers please? I'm clicking them frantically...but fuck all is happening.

" I wanna go home auntie death....I wanna go home..."

--------------------
" The world is a wonderfully weird place, consensual reality is significantly flawed, no institution can be trusted, certainty is a mirage, security a delusion, and the tyranny of the dull mind forever threatens -- but our lives are not as limited as we think they are, all things are possible, laughter is holier than piety, freedom is sweeter than fame, and in the end it's love and love alone that really matters."

- Tom Robbins'

+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Dec 7 2006, 04:29 AM
Post #8

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Alright. Pay attention. Now there's a trick to these. For some reason it's not covered in the instruction manual but what you do is... <Censor> And then just before the pig's blood begins to coagulate... <Censor> Take the left over shrunken heads and... <Censor> remember when you perform the ritual to strip down naked, take the upside down crucifix and stick it... <Censor> Got it?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Goatgirluk
post Dec 7 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #9

sacrosanct

Member No.: 17

QUOTE(Goatgirluk @ Dec 7 2006, 04:17 AM) *

Doc, could you sort out my ruby slippers please? I'm clicking them frantically...but fuck all is happening.

" I wanna go home auntie death....I wanna go home..."

Whoa...the tornado ( That's right...a tornado hit London, about two miles north of me as I was frantically clicking. Better be careful what you wish for kids)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6217514.stm
preparing emergency food parcels of porcini mushrooms, truffle oil and fresh pasta as I type. ( who said Londoners were cnuts?)

--------------------
" The world is a wonderfully weird place, consensual reality is significantly flawed, no institution can be trusted, certainty is a mirage, security a delusion, and the tyranny of the dull mind forever threatens -- but our lives are not as limited as we think they are, all things are possible, laughter is holier than piety, freedom is sweeter than fame, and in the end it's love and love alone that really matters."

- Tom Robbins'

+Quote Post
Batman
post Dec 7 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #10

sacrosanct

Member No.: 12

something like 80% of the people who got a PS3 only got it to sell on ebay.
+Quote Post
Batman
post Dec 9 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #11

sacrosanct

Ken Kutaragi says:
"We want for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else...The PS3 will instill discipline in our children and adults alike. Everyone will know discipline."

Kutaragi is the big PS3 guy for sony
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Dec 10 2006, 02:15 AM
Post #12

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

You got to be kidding me. That's awesome.

You will all come to know discipline. I will inject it into your lips like botox that is my semen. Your eyes will water and swell up with semen. I will beat the piss out of you and Badalbert will be led around on a leash as my trained aborigian heathen whipping boy. I will fire off roman candles at his eyes and whip him with the phone cord. I will train him to be my dog and he will fight for me in underground betting pools. He will not be befriended by a blind elderly black man and his white daughter who you can't figure out during the whole movie if she's supposed to be half-retarded or something. We will move to Tijuana and he will fight the cocks, many cocks will fly at his face but he will master them. He shall be the cock master. Then I will kick him a bunch of times and laugh and spit on him. Discipline shall reign and it shall rain discipline. Then me and Batman will skip school and go try to pick up chicks at Wal-Mart. We will be infinitely successful at this. Then I will kick BadAlbert some more and throw tires at him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Batman
post Dec 10 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #13

sacrosanct

People will sell their children for a PS3. Work 18 hours a day, go without food & water. To bad you can't find one in a store because Sony only shipped afew of them. Nevermind that just learn discipline.
+Quote Post
anon
post Dec 10 2006, 10:05 AM
Post #14

bull

Member No.: 65

the fuckhead's fault, not the cops. cops did nothing wrong. i like cops. they do a good job.
+Quote Post
BadAlbert
post Dec 10 2006, 02:17 PM
Post #15

Sacred Moderator

Member No.: 15

I'm only going to buy one if it comes with a guarantee that the fingers of small children have bled in its creation. We should see consumerism as it truly is - a blood sport. I'm off out to kiss a cop's ass, excuse me.

--------------------
'Heaven help me, I'm in the hands of maniacs...'
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2018 - 06:56 PM
Skin created by Vanson Studios, © 2006 Sacred Cow Productions