Reply to this topicStart new topic
left  Louis CK   Options  V right
Dr. Death
post Sep 10 2009, 08:46 PM
Post #1

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Group: Sacred Members
Member No.: 11

I just recently kind of found about this guy, but he's easily, like, in my top five comedians. It seems like he's mostly doing improvisational stuff in this video, but he's still hilarious as usual:

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
erin
post Sep 13 2009, 10:43 AM
Post #2

sacrosanct

Member No.: 573

He's very good live. Particularly when the people sitting in front of you are drunk, dressed in LLBean and Brooks Bros and completely unprepared for what's going to come out of his mouth. I'm pretty sure they laid awake all night, eyes wide open, as a result of their bulging eyeballs.

--------------------
JUSTREMEMBERTHATYOURESTANDINGONAPLANETTHATSEVOLVINGANDREVOLVINGATNINEHUNDREDMILE
SANHOURTHATSORBITINGATNINETEENMILESASECONDSOITSRECKONEDASUNTHATISTHESOURCEOFALLO
URPOWERTHESUNANDYOUANDMEANDALLTHESTARSTHATWECANSEEAREMOVINGATAMILLIONMILESADAYIN
ANOUTERSPIRALARMATFORTYTHOUSANDMILESANHOUROFTHEGALAXYWECALLTHEMILKYWAYOURGALAXYI
TSELFCONTAINSAHUNDREDBILLIONSTARSITSAHUNDREDTHOUSANDLIGHTYEARSSIDETOSIDEITBULGES
INTHEMIDDLESIXTEENTHOUSANDLIGHTYEARSTHICKBUTOUTBYUSITSJUSTTHREETHOUSANDLIGHTYEAR
SWIDEWERETHIRTYTHOUSANDLIGHTYEARSFROMGALACTICCENTRALPOINTWEGOROUNDEVERYTWOHUNDRE
DMILLIONYEARSANDOURGALAXYISONLYONEOFMILLIONSOFBILLIONSINTHISAMAZINGANDEXPANDINGU
NIVERSE
+Quote Post
Goatgirluk
post Sep 29 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #3

sacrosanct

Group: Sacred Moderators
Member No.: 17

He only does two dates at a time in London, and getting tickets is akin to Willy Wonkers golden ticket. Anyway, I now have 2....for friday 13th ..front row. I'm taking Mr Goat, who will no doubt turn up from his 'office' a bit pissed. I have warned him - watch this space.

--------------------
" The world is a wonderfully weird place, consensual reality is significantly flawed, no institution can be trusted, certainty is a mirage, security a delusion, and the tyranny of the dull mind forever threatens -- but our lives are not as limited as we think they are, all things are possible, laughter is holier than piety, freedom is sweeter than fame, and in the end it's love and love alone that really matters."

- Tom Robbins'

+Quote Post
Goatgirluk
post Nov 17 2009, 09:53 AM
Post #4

sacrosanct

QUOTE(Goatgirluk @ Sep 29 2009, 04:18 PM) *

He only does two dates at a time in London, and getting tickets is akin to Willy Wonkers golden ticket. Anyway, I now have 2....for friday 13th ..front row. I'm taking Mr Goat, who will no doubt turn up from his 'office' a bit pissed. I have warned him - watch this space.

Wow, I'm replying to my own post...a new low.

So, I went and took my 18 year old daughter instead of Mr goat. Louis popped her live stand up cherry and she loved it, despite squirming several times. I thought he was funny at what he does, but I was expecting more from the hype surrounding him. Steve Merchent was in the audience, boy is he tall.

--------------------
" The world is a wonderfully weird place, consensual reality is significantly flawed, no institution can be trusted, certainty is a mirage, security a delusion, and the tyranny of the dull mind forever threatens -- but our lives are not as limited as we think they are, all things are possible, laughter is holier than piety, freedom is sweeter than fame, and in the end it's love and love alone that really matters."

- Tom Robbins'

+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Jul 28 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #5

sacrosanct

Member No.: 92

--------------------
"If you were supposed to watch your mouth
all of the time, I doubt your eyes would be above it"
- Drive-By Truckers

____________________________________The Earth is Flat____________________________________
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Oct 31 2010, 09:01 AM
Post #6

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Name one better living comedian.

Ok, Gilbert Gottfried, but he doesn't count because he has the unfair advantage of being just funny as fuck.

--------------------
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Feb 26 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #7

sacrosanct

LCK: "this is and EDITED VERSION of me as a guest on the Opie and Anthony show on Sirrius XM radio 202. I asked the former secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld, if he and Dick CHeney are lizards from outerspace who eat human flesh, for example: Mexican babies. He did not answer the question directly. He did not deny it. Much was discussed. Anthony Cumia of the show was simultaneously asking some interesting political questions. Mister Rumsfeld was courteous, but he gave me no reason to doubt that he is a lizard. http://www.louisck.com"

I listened to this twice, and I laughed just as hard the second time. It's They Live starring Louis CK.

--------------------
- Drive-By Truckers

____________________________________The Earth is Flat____________________________________
+Quote Post
Goatgirluk
post Feb 26 2011, 05:42 PM
Post #8

sacrosanct

Funny that. But he's still evil lizard scum eater cunt...whoa I think I am channeling Duff.

--------------------

- Tom Robbins'

+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Feb 26 2011, 06:06 PM
Post #9

sacrosanct

The link Codeine posted robbed me of a couple hours. Hi, GG - kisses!

--------------------
- Drive-By Truckers

+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Mar 11 2011, 03:54 PM
Post #10

sacrosanct

QUOTE(Dr. Death @ Oct 31 2010, 10:01 AM) *

Name one better living comedian.

Not better, but easily as good for my belly

--------------------
- Drive-By Truckers

+Quote Post
Nedak
post Aug 12 2011, 01:30 PM
Post #11

sacrosanct

Member No.: 441

QUOTE(linheli @ Aug 8 2011, 07:57 PM) *

coach factory outlet store coach handbagsChanel CoCo

Get back to work!

Also, it's true that Louis CK is the funniest alive comedian.
+Quote Post
Codeine
post Sep 27 2011, 12:32 PM
Post #12

sacred cow

Member No.: 29

QUOTE(FunkBone @ Feb 27 2011, 01:06 AM) *

Sorry about that. It's like internet rubbernecking isn't it? But with the world's longest lasting car crash.

And yes, Louis CK is the shit. I got all the time in the world to watch him wink.gif

--------------------
Whenever I'm faced with a difficult decision, I ask myself "What would Jesus do?". Then I remember, Jesus got killed, so maybe his decision making isn't so great after all.
-----
More of my rambling misanthropy
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Dec 11 2011, 03:17 PM
Post #13

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Actually I know its like not all high-brow or like the real shit but the dude who makes me laugh more than anybody is the dude who does all the voices. He usually does John Madden and George W. Bush -- that guy. Oh well, it makes me laugh and honestly while I'm at it Larry the Cable Guy is pretty fuckin' funny too. I mean does he bear his soul to the world and give it to you straight without any bullshit? No, but it's still funny. Get 'er done.

But Gilbert Godfrey is still funnier than anyone.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sunupu
post Feb 20 2012, 02:46 PM
Post #14

sacrosanct

Member No.: 474

Frank Caliendo.

For the record, I've tried to stop this bullshit hipster hating-on-comedians-who-aren't-"real" bullshit. Like I don't enjoy Larry or Dane Cook, but I recognize at the same time it's nothing more than a personal preference. I prefer my material to be more cerebral, intellectual, whatever you want to call it (I know, I might as well just get a tattoo that says "not fun to have at parties").

So yeah, don't like Frankie, but it's not like I'm hoping for his downfall (which I used to). It's wasted energy that I can spend pursuing my own success.

--------------------
The best way to get over someone is to get under someone.
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Feb 21 2012, 10:47 PM
Post #15

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

QUOTE(sunupu @ Feb 20 2012, 02:46 PM) *

Frank Caliendo.

For the record, I've tried to stop this bullshit hipster hating-on-comedians-who-aren't-"real" bullshit. Like I don't enjoy Larry or Dane Cook, but I recognize at the same time it's nothing more than a personal preference. I prefer my material to be more cerebral, intellectual, whatever you want to call it (I know, I might as well just get a tattoo that says "not fun to have at parties").

So yeah, don't like Frankie, but it's not like I'm hoping for his downfall (which I used to). It's wasted energy that I can spend pursuing my own success.

I think I responded to this elsewhere already. He is really funny the first couple of times and then after that the gimmick kind of wears a little thin. Not to backpedal or anything; I meant it at the time but it just isn't as funny as it once was...

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2017 - 11:47 PM
Skin created by Vanson Studios, © 2006 Sacred Cow Productions