Reply to this topicStart new topic
left  Thomas Edison was a Bitch   Options  V right
Dr. Death
post Nov 18 2008, 12:46 AM
Post #1

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Group: Sacred Members
Member No.: 11

I watched this thing on The History Channel tonight. Anyway I didn't know Tesla went to work for Edison, and Edison promised him a $50,000 bonus to basicly get Edison's shit in order for him -- so Tesla goes to work and does everything he asks -- Edison never paid him. Not only that, but Tesla leaves after that to do his own thing and invents the AC current (which we use today); Edison launches this prohpaganda campaign against him, part of which included Edison trying to scare people away from AC by electrocuting a live elephant with Tesla's current in front of a crowd of onlookers.

And Tesla married a pigeon.

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sunupu
post Nov 18 2008, 09:45 AM
Post #2

sacrosanct

Member No.: 474

Tesla was way cooler if you ask me. His current of electricity worked better, and he was alot better of a man when you get down to it.

--------------------
The best way to get over someone is to get under someone.
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Nov 18 2008, 03:21 PM
Post #3

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Southpark should reenact this story; Cartman as Edison electrocuting the elephant, and Butters as Tesla taking care of wounded pigeons, etc. I could so see that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
erin
post Nov 18 2008, 05:56 PM
Post #4

sacrosanct

Member No.: 573

Next, watch the one about Einstein. He left his wife to raise their two children alone. Nice guy.

--------------------
JUSTREMEMBERTHATYOURESTANDINGONAPLANETTHATSEVOLVINGANDREVOLVINGATNINEHUNDREDMILE
SANHOURTHATSORBITINGATNINETEENMILESASECONDSOITSRECKONEDASUNTHATISTHESOURCEOFALLO
URPOWERTHESUNANDYOUANDMEANDALLTHESTARSTHATWECANSEEAREMOVINGATAMILLIONMILESADAYIN
ANOUTERSPIRALARMATFORTYTHOUSANDMILESANHOUROFTHEGALAXYWECALLTHEMILKYWAYOURGALAXYI
TSELFCONTAINSAHUNDREDBILLIONSTARSITSAHUNDREDTHOUSANDLIGHTYEARSSIDETOSIDEITBULGES
INTHEMIDDLESIXTEENTHOUSANDLIGHTYEARSTHICKBUTOUTBYUSITSJUSTTHREETHOUSANDLIGHTYEAR
SWIDEWERETHIRTYTHOUSANDLIGHTYEARSFROMGALACTICCENTRALPOINTWEGOROUNDEVERYTWOHUNDRE
DMILLIONYEARSANDOURGALAXYISONLYONEOFMILLIONSOFBILLIONSINTHISAMAZINGANDEXPANDINGU
NIVERSE
+Quote Post
sunupu
post Nov 18 2008, 06:34 PM
Post #5

sacrosanct

Admittedly though, Einstein was his own man. Edison merely pioneered a technology that somebidy else made, whereas Einstein thought of things not even on the map yet.

If a mind like Einstein's were born today with all the information we have, I bet he'd be able to make one hell of a bomb.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Nov 19 2008, 06:57 AM
Post #6

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

You misspelled bong, stoner.

--------------------
+Quote Post
erin
post Nov 19 2008, 01:21 PM
Post #7

sacrosanct

Member No.: 573

QUOTE(sunupu @ Nov 18 2008, 06:34 PM) *

Admittedly though, Einstein was his own man.

There's a possibility that Mileva contributed significantly to his earliest and most famous theories, receiving no credit. One thing I've learned from countless years working with and for scientists -- none of them is his own man. All their work is built in the back of someone else's work. And they fight about it like little children.

--------------------
JUSTREMEMBERTHATYOURESTANDINGONAPLANETTHATSEVOLVINGANDREVOLVINGATNINEHUNDREDMILE
SANHOURTHATSORBITINGATNINETEENMILESASECONDSOITSRECKONEDASUNTHATISTHESOURCEOFALLO
URPOWERTHESUNANDYOUANDMEANDALLTHESTARSTHATWECANSEEAREMOVINGATAMILLIONMILESADAYIN
ANOUTERSPIRALARMATFORTYTHOUSANDMILESANHOUROFTHEGALAXYWECALLTHEMILKYWAYOURGALAXYI
TSELFCONTAINSAHUNDREDBILLIONSTARSITSAHUNDREDTHOUSANDLIGHTYEARSSIDETOSIDEITBULGES
INTHEMIDDLESIXTEENTHOUSANDLIGHTYEARSTHICKBUTOUTBYUSITSJUSTTHREETHOUSANDLIGHTYEAR
SWIDEWERETHIRTYTHOUSANDLIGHTYEARSFROMGALACTICCENTRALPOINTWEGOROUNDEVERYTWOHUNDRE
DMILLIONYEARSANDOURGALAXYISONLYONEOFMILLIONSOFBILLIONSINTHISAMAZINGANDEXPANDINGU
NIVERSE
+Quote Post
BadgerBob
post Nov 19 2008, 01:37 PM
Post #8

sacrosanct

Member No.: 613

Newton was the first big bitch in this area, with his attack on Leibniz.

Both of them came up with the same theory at the same time, reputedly independently of each other, but Isaac Newton, through the Royal Society, managed to get Leibniz's work labelled an act of plagiarism.

What wasn't clear until afterwards was that the head honcho for the Royal Society was one I. Newton. Also, the concluding statement on the report was also written by old Isaac too.

The thing is, Newton only published the final theory - never any workings out or early stage work. He gave to the world a finished article. Leibniz, however, had the lot - the planning, the work that moved the idea into a coherent theory.

Calling it a bit fishy is a slight understatement.

--------------------
Author of the best-selling books "Hunting for Worms" and "Black and White and Hate All Over"
+Quote Post
Jessica Rabbit
post Nov 19 2008, 03:04 PM
Post #9

sacrosanct

Member No.: 636

No "professional" does their own work.

I work for engineers. Guess who does the engineering? Certainly not the one getting the engineer's paycheck.
+Quote Post
The Milky Cowboy
post Nov 20 2008, 09:11 AM
Post #10

sacrosanct

Member No.: 10

I wonder who came up with all of Tesla's great ideas for him?...Seein's how he was a kind of scientist/engineer....Probably the maid at the Waldorf-Astoria...I highly doubt it was Edison or Westinghouse.....

--------------------
...and then we fucked them in the ass, and didn't even tell them...so they didn't even know....Bryan Rawson
+Quote Post
BadgerBob
post Nov 20 2008, 10:51 AM
Post #11

sacrosanct

QUOTE(Jessica Rabbit @ Nov 19 2008, 09:04 PM) *

No "professional" does their own work.

I work for engineers. Guess who does the engineering? Certainly not the one getting the engineer's paycheck.

Are you admitting to plagiarism for your academic work?

Or that you have someone in your employ performing the "professional" task of creating academic responses for you?

Naughty rabbit.

--------------------
Author of the best-selling books "Hunting for Worms" and "Black and White and Hate All Over"
+Quote Post
Jessica Rabbit
post Nov 20 2008, 12:05 PM
Post #12

sacrosanct

Member No.: 636

QUOTE(BadgerBob @ Nov 20 2008, 10:51 AM) *

Are you admitting to plagiarism for your academic work?

Or that you have someone in your employ performing the "professional" task of creating academic responses for you?

Naughty rabbit.

It is all submitted online these days bb, they compare papers to a database to ensure independent work. Currently my academic papers are mostly peer review, so I am not required to come up with my own research questions. I cite anything that is not my own, and that is the proper way to go about plaigarism.

I am saying I do not have an engineering degree and I am not a licensed engineer, but I am doing work that requires a license because the engineer I am assigned to will not do it. And he takes credit for and gets paid for it.
+Quote Post
sunupu
post Nov 20 2008, 01:23 PM
Post #13

sacrosanct

Sounds to me like you're getting fucked.

Which is kind of hot, if you ask me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
BadgerBob
post Nov 20 2008, 02:04 PM
Post #14

sacrosanct

QUOTE(Jessica Rabbit @ Nov 20 2008, 06:05 PM) *

It is all submitted online these days bb, they compare papers to a database to ensure independent work. Currently my academic papers are mostly peer review, so I am not required to come up with my own research questions. I cite anything that is not my own, and that is the proper way to go about plaigarism.

I am saying I do not have an engineering degree and I am not a licensed engineer, but I am doing work that requires a license because the engineer I am assigned to will not do it. And he takes credit for and gets paid for it.

Yeah, it's like my Lord of the Privvy gets all of the credit for wiping my ass, but really he just selects which of the lesser minions I have in my employ - the nameless masses that work below stairs - carries out that honoured task on his behalf.

Bloody managerial classes, hey?

--------------------
+Quote Post
sunupu
post Nov 20 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #15

sacrosanct

Yeah, and I take all the credit for the jokes I force Czech immigrants to write for me. Here's one: "Don't you hate it when you go dizzy with hunger?"

Wait a minute, that's not funny. SVETLANA! What have I told you about timing? Don't make me burn your feet with hot hanger wires again!

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th June 2018 - 02:25 AM
Skin created by Vanson Studios, © 2006 Sacred Cow Productions