Reply to this topicStart new topic
left  OBL DEAD, any thoughts?   Options  V right
Jessica Rabbit
post May 21 2011, 08:54 AM
Post #46

sacrosanct

Group: Sacred Members
Member No.: 636

so there is rrssesrch out there providing emperical data thst has been tested and proven? Or are there just statements nd news artices that quote sources that hard to pin down that require a certain degree of faith? I never said you couldn't question me. I would not have addressed the question if I felt I was above it. You kind of get away from the point of the discussion though when you just argue for arguments sake. Which is not what I want to do. I find it methodical and tiring to go on like this when the person I am discussing with has no clear opinion and just wants to see me argue with myself. My reference to the cat should have given you a good indication on my feelings of proof. The cat is neither dead nor alive until ghe seal is broken. Everything else is just speculation and hypothesis. How is that for a middle ground?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Light
post May 21 2011, 09:36 AM
Post #47

sacrosanct

Member No.: 9

QUOTE(Jessica Rabbit @ May 21 2011, 08:54 AM) *

so there is rrssesrch out there providing emperical data thst has been tested and proven? Or are there just statements nd news artices that quote sources that hard to pin down that require a certain degree of faith? I never said you couldn't question me. I would not have addressed the question if I felt I was above it. You kind of get away from the point of the discussion though when you just argue for arguments sake. Which is not what I want to do. I find it methodical and tiring to go on like this when the person I am discussing with has no clear opinion and just wants to see me argue with myself. My reference to the cat should have given you a good indication on my feelings of proof. The cat is neither dead nor alive until ghe seal is broken. Everything else is just speculation and hypothesis. How is that for a middle ground?

You never said I couldn't question you? No, you merely said you dismissed what I said because I was questioning you. Which is totally not the same.

Your point about empirical data would be a good one had you not just placed all of your faith in a series of links with literally no support to them whatsoever. You're right in that a certain degree of faith has to be placed in research. However, some research is backed up by many other independent verifications. Whereas with one exception, every link you provided is an unsupported statement. Do you see the difference at all?

It's interesting that you lump "methodical" in with "tiring" as if they're both negative things. Again, very telling.

As to Shroedingers Cat, that you'd apply a physics analogy concerning wave and particle theory to, y'know, the news media indicates that you genuinely don't know what you're talking about. Ditto your increasing pissyness at being asked to back up your belief with some actual fact. Your feelings on proof are obvious; anything that backs up what you believe is accepted without question. Anything that does not is dismissed out of hand. It's classic confirmation bias on your part (and no, I'm not saying I'm immune to that. I'm saying I'm aware of it and fact-check what I say. You should try that sometime).

--------------------
Light's deeply tedious blog

Everyone knows scientists insist on using complex terminology to make it harder for True Christians to refute their claims.

Deoxyribonucleic Acid, for example... sounds impressive, right? But have you ever seen what happens if you put something in acid? It dissolves! If we had all this acid in our cells, we'd all dissolve! So much for the Theory of Evolution, Check MATE!
+Quote Post
Jessica Rabbit
post May 21 2011, 09:58 AM
Post #48

sacrosanct

Member No.: 636

Yeah I guess you can tell me what's covered in perce.
[code]ption based psychology courses. Used in reference to truth.....ie what the news tells us to be true.

You are percieving my responses as pissy....which sheds more light on your mood than mine.

I didn't write you off bc you questioned me. I wrote you off because you weren't presenting a pov but wanting me to defend mine against god knows what. .....a potentially endless cycle of me babbling on.

You are guilty of every fallacy you claim I have made and I am guilty of every fallacy I hve said you made. Stalemate. Catch 22. Semantics. Derailment. Done.

Shooting the breeze with the mailman.
+Quote Post
Light
post May 21 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #49

sacrosanct

QUOTE(Jessica Rabbit @ May 21 2011, 09:58 AM) *

Yeah I guess you can tell me what's covered in perce.
[code]ption based psychology courses. Used in reference to truth.....ie what the news tells us to be true.

You are percieving my responses as pissy....which sheds more light on your mood than mine.

If you say so. That's how it comes across to me, but you say I'm wrong then I'm wrong and I apologise.

I didn't write you off bc you questioned me. I wrote you off because you weren't presenting a pov but wanting me to defend mine against god knows what. .....a potentially endless cycle of me babbling on.

Lets see now...didn't you say "I kind of wrote you off when all you could do was question what I said." Only, that seems pretty clear. And now you're saying "What I mean to say was...". Which would be fine, if you had the intellectual honesty to admit that's what you're doing. But you don't. You seem to misrepresenting what I've said to justify a non response. At no point have I said I'd present a pov, nor have you directly asked for one. You've simply started to talk about me not doing so. All this has been about is my asking you to give me some evidence that you look into the things you believe. And from what I've seen in the links you've provided, you do no research whatsoever on the things that back up what you believe whilst rejecting out of hand anything that rebutts it.

You are guilty of every fallacy you claim I have made and I am guilty of every fallacy I hve said you made. Stalemate. Catch 22. Semantics. Derailment. Done.

Shooting the breeze with the mailman.

Meh; these things always boil down to "I know you are but what am I?" in the end, so I can't say I'm surprised. It's also why the establishment are, were, and always will be hilarously unconcerned with the views of fringe people like the "OBL is not dead/did not exist/died years ago!" crowd, the 9/11 truthers, the birthers, the (really really fucking odd) people who bang on about Sarah Palin's granddaughter actually being her daughter...essentially all the people like you whose pet theories collapse under any kind of sustained examination and invariably require an even bigger suspension of disbelief than whatever bullshit "official" story is out there.

As you were.

--------------------

Everyone knows scientists insist on using complex terminology to make it harder for True Christians to refute their claims.

Deoxyribonucleic Acid, for example... sounds impressive, right? But have you ever seen what happens if you put something in acid? It dissolves! If we had all this acid in our cells, we'd all dissolve! So much for the Theory of Evolution, Check MATE!
+Quote Post
Light
post May 23 2011, 03:33 AM
Post #50

sacrosanct

Anyway, I suspect we can all agree that this is entirely fucking brilliant

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Milky Cowboy
post Jun 29 2011, 10:18 AM
Post #51

sacrosanct

Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Light @ May 23 2011, 03:33 AM) *

Not as brillant as some of the comments...but still fairly brillliant...

--------------------
...and then we fucked them in the ass, and didn't even tell them...so they didn't even know....Bryan Rawson
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Oct 19 2012, 03:51 AM
Post #52

sacrosanct

Member No.: 92

--------------------
"If you were supposed to watch your mouth
all of the time, I doubt your eyes would be above it"
- Drive-By Truckers

____________________________________The Earth is Flat____________________________________
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Oct 19 2012, 11:55 AM
Post #53

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Member No.: 11

Wow that is pretty critical and a bit pointless (Speculation!) I thought actual information and proof of things being to the contrary would pop up and it would be worth watching (Uninformed Opinion!). Might as well be pop up phalluses (Appeal to Sense of Humor!).

You're better than that, FB (Outright Lie!).

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2017 - 06:27 PM
Skin created by Vanson Studios, © 2006 Sacred Cow Productions