Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
left  This Forum Needs a Kick in the Nuts, Lace up those ban-boots   Options  V right
What do you think?
Do you agree with what I've said here?
Yes - Strongly [ 2 ] ** [33.33%]
Yes [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
No [ 3 ] ** [50.00%]
No - They should just ban your ass [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
Total Votes: 6
Guests cannot vote 
Dr. Death
post Sep 12 2008, 09:37 AM
Post #1

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Group: Sacred Members
Member No.: 11

I'm tired of all this overly sensitive "We respect everyone's right to express themselves in whatever way they see fit, including high-pitched noises, feces sculpture, self-mutilation exhibitions, etc." I'm all for being tolerant and open minded -- but crap is crap -- and I've had enough of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think KB or BH ever vied for the right of every idiot who can bang on a keyboard to articulate themselves in a way that puts off intelligent people from doing so. I guess I must've missed the video where Bill get's heckled and says "Turn this woman not away, but bring her forth on stage. I, Bill Hicks, the passive savior to humanity, shall anoint her feet with oil and dick jokes." C'mon.

I know the mods don't want to go around banning people, because they fear they'll be labeled hypocrites; the forum rules do say "No Rules", as somebody pointed out earlier. But are rules necessary (if anything it'd seem there's nothing stopping you) to do what's in the board's best interest? If so... I see no reason why the rules can not be updated. The real hypocrisy is standing by and doing nothing.

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
russetbabe
post Sep 12 2008, 11:05 AM
Post #2

sacrosanct

Member No.: 625

Not sure I've been here long enough to have an opinion, but that's never stopped me before, so...what the hell.

When you talk about 'crap is crap', I am not sure to what you are referring. If you mean threatening messages, then sure. Nobody should have to put up with something like that, but I thought that that had already been covered.

However, if when you say 'every idiot who can bang on a keyboard to articulate themselves in a way that puts intelligent people off from doing so' you mean that there should be some kind of check on the quality of the posts, then there I would have to disagree. I think there already is a kind of natural check on that here anyway - as anyone who posts anything stupid or ill-informed tends to get verbally pummelled reasonably thoroughly.

I would also have to point out (because I am nothing, if not pedantic) that it wasn't so long ago that you were enraged at being banned from the BH forum for breaking rules. Turning this board into a clone of that one, is definitely not in its best interests.

But maybe you should clarify for me, what rules are you thinking about imposing?
+Quote Post
BadgerBob
post Sep 12 2008, 11:22 AM
Post #3

sacrosanct

Member No.: 613

Hear hear.

--------------------
Author of the best-selling books "Hunting for Worms" and "Black and White and Hate All Over"
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Sep 12 2008, 11:28 AM
Post #4

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

The "natural check" you speak of has been compromised. Did you see my post that was moderated? There's things going on here you don't know about, and BA thinks them better not discussed on the board. Anyway, I will say... basicly... we have to tiptoe around the shit because nobody wants to lay down the ban hammer.

And for those in the know, here's how I see it. Either:

1. A "certain person" is full of shit. There's possibly some truth, but it's being greatly exagerated. I really think it's just another bullshit little game for kicks.

2. OR... We are not responsible for others peoples relationships outside this forum. They made their choices. Let them manage their own personal lives and take it up with whatever authorities if need be. This is BEYOND FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

--------------------
+Quote Post
BadgerBob
post Sep 12 2008, 11:31 AM
Post #5

sacrosanct

QUOTE(Dr. Death @ Sep 12 2008, 06:28 PM) *

The "natural check" you speak of has been compromised. Did you see my post that was moderated? There's things going on here you don't know about, and BA thinks them better not discussed on the board. Anyway, I will say... basicly... we have to tiptoe around the shit because nobody wants to lay down the ban hammer.

And for those in the know, here's how I see it. Either:

1. A "certain person" is full of shit. There's possibly some truth, but it's being greatly exagerated. I really think it's just another bullshit little game for kicks.

2. OR... We are not responsible for others peoples relationships outside this forum. They made their choices. Let them manage their own personal lives and take it up with whatever authorities if need be. This is BEYOND FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

Welcome to the Cryptic Hour - your weekly chance to work out what is going on from the bare minimum of whispered gossip and hearsay.

So, can you discover the nature of the bee in Death's little bonnet? Remember - the clues AREN'T there for those playing along at home.

--------------------
Author of the best-selling books "Hunting for Worms" and "Black and White and Hate All Over"
+Quote Post
charismagician
post Sep 12 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #6

Supreme Preeminent Master Taurus

Member No.: 301

Personally, If anyone had their posts moderated, This board can suck it.

--------------------
I am not, I am not, and neither are you
+Quote Post
russetbabe
post Sep 12 2008, 11:37 AM
Post #7

sacrosanct

Member No.: 625

Perhaps you should have marked this thread with the 'those-in-the-know-only' icon.
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
Post #8

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

QUOTE(russetbabe @ Sep 12 2008, 12:05 PM) *

I would also have to point out (because I am nothing, if not pedantic) that it wasn't so long ago that you were enraged at being banned from the BH forum for breaking rules.

No, I wasn't. That's the part of the story you bozos always seem to conveniently tune-out. I WAS BANNED FOR INSULTING THE MOD -- after he got done saying we can express ourselves in whatever way possible besides spamming adverts.

And yes I did do a FAKE, JOKE spam advert -- But I was not banned for that. I could still post after he saw it and responded to it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
BadgerBob
Post #9

sacrosanct

QUOTE(charismagician @ Sep 12 2008, 06:33 PM) *

Personally, If anyone had their posts moderated, This board can suck it.

Yeah... you'd like them to suck it.

Dirty...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Sep 12 2008, 11:40 AM
Post #10

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

QUOTE(BadgerBob @ Sep 12 2008, 12:31 PM) *

Welcome to the Cryptic Hour - your weekly chance to work out what is going on from the bare minimum of whispered gossip and hearsay.

So, can you discover the nature of the bee in Death's little bonnet? Remember - the clues AREN'T there for those playing along at home.

Well, you're welcome. If I told you anymore it would just be moderated out anyway. At least I gave you a lead, Sherlock.

--------------------
+Quote Post
charismagician
post Sep 12 2008, 11:41 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(BadgerBob @ Sep 12 2008, 01:37 PM) *

Yeah... you'd like them to suck it.

Dirty...

This post reminds me of something....

....anyone remember the schoolteacher Keanu Reeves was defending in the Devil's Advocate?

Yeah, that guy...Badgerbob.

--------------------
+Quote Post
BadgerBob
post Sep 12 2008, 11:46 AM
Post #12

sacrosanct

QUOTE(charismagician @ Sep 12 2008, 06:41 PM) *

This post reminds me of something....

....anyone remember the schoolteacher Keanu Reeves was defending in the Devil's Advocate?

Yeah, that guy...Badgerbob.

What a fucking shit film.

Anyone remember the gay who was a gay in the film "I Was a Big Fucking Gay" starring Gay Gayastein?

Yeah, Charismasturbation.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Sep 12 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #13

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

You see? This shit is off topic now. You need your little asses moderated.

--------------------
+Quote Post
BadgerBob
post Sep 12 2008, 12:13 PM
Post #14

sacrosanct

But the topic was a non-topic because you merely whine and allude.

If there is anything in this topic then be the big man you claim to be and just FUCKING SAY IT.

Otherwise, I get bored easy and remember that Gay Gayastein's co-star in that film was Butt Fuckerlot, who reminded me of Dr Dirthofinformation.

See? It's ALL YOUR FAULT.

--------------------
+Quote Post
charismagician
post Sep 12 2008, 12:19 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(BadgerBob @ Sep 12 2008, 01:46 PM) *

What a fucking shit film.

Anyone remember the gay who was a gay in the film "I Was a Big Fucking Gay" starring Gay Gayastein?

Yeah, Charismasturbation.

So says the little girl who just got her candy taken away.

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2018 - 04:51 PM
Skin created by Vanson Studios, © 2006 Sacred Cow Productions