Reply to this topicStart new topic
left  The Lonely Island!   Options  V right
djap101
post Feb 10 2009, 03:19 PM
Post #1

calf

Group: Sacred Members
Member No.: 703

just saw their album is out today! has anyone seen their new single "I'm on a Boat"??? let me know what you think.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...33&s=143441
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nedak
post Feb 10 2009, 04:15 PM
Post #2

sacrosanct

Member No.: 441

who the fuck is this guy?
+Quote Post
sunupu
post Feb 10 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #3

sacrosanct

Member No.: 474

The black scarecrow? T-pain.

I'm gonna but their new CD as soon as I see it (wherever that may be). their shit is the shit!

--------------------
The best way to get over someone is to get under someone.
+Quote Post
BadgerBob
post Feb 11 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #4

sacrosanct

Member No.: 613

QUOTE(djap101 @ Feb 10 2009, 09:19 PM) *

just saw their album is out today! has anyone seen their new single "I'm on a Boat"??? let me know what you think.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...33&s=143441

Marketing? On a Bill Hicks forum? You go suck a tailpipe.

Only a fucking idiot would fall for such blatant salesmanship on here...

--------------------
Author of the best-selling books "Hunting for Worms" and "Black and White and Hate All Over"
+Quote Post
Jessica Rabbit
post Feb 11 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #5

sacrosanct

Member No.: 636

QUOTE(BadgerBob @ Feb 11 2009, 12:49 PM) *

When I was playing that pictionary game...there was a guy I think his name was..... John Stamos . He kept saying "I'm on a boat". Is there a connection?
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Feb 11 2009, 10:38 PM
Post #6

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Member No.: 11

QUOTE(BadgerBob @ Feb 11 2009, 12:49 PM) *

The only irony here is what a mindless sheep you are to Bill Hicks verbatim. Marketing? Maybe he just likes those guys, ever think of that? I'd like to team up with your mother in the Badger family reunion, picnic and acoustic music mixer for the stationary position pelvic gyration wheel barrow race. She'll go for it too. I don't show up until everyone is good and liquored up, and her inhibitions will be significantly less by that point. I'll have to time it just right because I need to get there when she's just starting to get a little fuzzy, but not totally inebriated, you know, so I can still build a little rapport and get her to accustomed to my presence at least. Of course, it will all be a totally feigned and superficial performance, the kind of smarmy facade that'd make even the slightest of cynical onlookers suck air through his teeth, but hey, it'll get my dick wet.

I hope you buy good booze too, because I'm only bringing the cheap stuff. Also, I'm a little heavy handed, so don't expect me to to stop pouring your Pimms' in my Orange Fanta at what most would consider the limit dictated by common courtesy.

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
+Quote Post
Nedak
post Feb 11 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #7

sacrosanct

Will JR not be posting a couple of years down the road Doc? Why no nudies of her? And if so, will you share?
+Quote Post
sunupu
post Feb 12 2009, 10:16 AM
Post #8

sacrosanct

Member No.: 474

I'm upset Dr. D beat me to the punch here. "Blatant marketing"? It's almost like you're stupid or something. I mean, we do talk about comedy here, right? And the new kid was talking about comedy, right? It sounds to me like you owe the new kid an apology and/or head.

Also, Incredibad is in stores now! Buy it at Best Buy for only $10.99! Act now!

--------------------
The best way to get over someone is to get under someone.
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Feb 12 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #9

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

IPB ImageIPB Image

BUY NOW! ----> http://www.insound.com/The_Lonely_Island_I...ain/p/INS52757/ *** <---- SPECIAL OFFER!

"I bought The Lonely Island's debut album Incredibad and now I can't get women to stop having sex with me! The same thing will happen to you 100% GUARANTEED or I will personally triple your money back*"
~Dr. Death

*Dramatization. Results may very. Do not attempt. Maneuvers performed on a closed course by professional drivers. Please drink responsibly.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jessica Rabbit
post Feb 12 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #10

sacrosanct

Member No.: 636

QUOTE(Dr. Death @ Feb 12 2009, 07:12 PM) *

IPB ImageIPB Image

BUY NOW! ----> http://www.insound.com/The_Lonely_Island_I...ain/p/INS52757/ *** <---- SPECIAL OFFER!

"I bought The Lonely Island's debut album Incredibad and now I can't get women to stop having sex with me! The same thing will happen to you 100% GUARANTEED or I will personally triple your money back*"
~Dr. Death

*Dramatization. Results may very. Do not attempt. Maneuvers performed on a closed course by professional drivers. Please drink responsibly.

Was that ad produced by John Stamos? Cause I only find things to be cool if John Stamos finds them to be cool.
+Quote Post
Nedak
post Feb 13 2009, 01:04 AM
Post #11

sacrosanct

really? because John Stamos loves sucking my cock.
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Feb 13 2009, 08:55 AM
Post #12

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Aside from the fact saying "Hey, I like these guys; they're funny" is not advertising... I don't agree with Bill's outlook on advertising for the most part, yet I completely understand why he felt that way.

How Bill Hicks saw it:

1. Any person hocking a product undermines their artistic integrity.

2. Advertisers are immoral dollar-chasers who value profit over integrity.

My outlook? Well, let me tell you:

1. It's possible to do this. When Johnny Rotten says British Brand Butter "just tastes better" and that's only because he's getting paid to do so, of course he's selling out his ideals for monetary gain. But that's just one example, and not conclusive to every situation. Let's say I actually like a product. I really like those five hour energy shot things; they work great. I believe in them and I'll tell you that without being paid a cent. Now, if the five hour energy shot company decides they want to pay me to say that, great. I can look the TV viewer straight in the eye, smile, and endorse that shit knowing I've been completely true to what I believe in.

2. Some are, most, maybe all of them... Anyway, I don't believe in group punishment or guilt by stereotype, but rather holding each person accountable for their own actions. If eight guys sitting around a table in suits decide they want to make arsenic a childhood food -- I believe eight guys sitting around a table in suits should be held accountable -- no one else, not advertisers, nor all businessmen in general, nor humanity as a whole should share the blame for that.

Not only that -- but even supposing all advertisers are evil -- it's a necessary evil. Can you imagine a world without advertising? All commercials, all billboards, all bulletin boards at the local laundry mat, gone. Good bye free television. Good bye free websites. Good bye free speech (or at least a large portion of it if any communication that can possibly be construed as advertising is taken away). Welcome to the dark age, a world where the flow of information is severely limited. The type of products you buy, without being able to compete with each other, would be inferior; any garbage they could throw on the shelf that didn't have to live up to advertising claims or the scrutiny of competition from similar products... Advertising, when you take in the big picture, is of phenomenal benefit to us all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
BadgerBob
post Feb 14 2009, 02:06 AM
Post #13

sacrosanct

QUOTE(sunupu @ Feb 12 2009, 04:16 PM) *

I'm upset Dr. D beat me to the punch here. "Blatant marketing"? It's almost like you're stupid or something. I mean, we do talk about comedy here, right? And the new kid was talking about comedy, right? It sounds to me like you owe the new kid an apology and/or head.

Also, Incredibad is in stores now! Buy it at Best Buy for only $10.99! Act now!

You fucking idiot, Sunnypoo.

Death only posted that because he knows how much this sucking Hicks cock business with fuck all justification winds me up on the "other" forum. All that "I think chocolate is the new sandwich, and I think Bill would have agreed" to push through any argument makes me vomit vitriolic sputum at each and every fuckbag who tries it on.

Death has always known when to push a button - he is a trained master. What gets me is when the monkeys start parading in his wake. ClarissaMagician - god rest her soul - used to do a full-out tapdance to his orchestral beats. It was funny, but sad. And then, of course, there's you...

I think he also knew I really didn't give a flying dogs bollock that it was marketing or not, and that I was, slightly worse for wear, posting for the sake of it - as we do. Death, the sweetest of my loves on here, is charming enough never to miss such wonderful opportunities.

I would have thought, after all these months, you would have had some recognition of the Death moves.

--------------------
Author of the best-selling books "Hunting for Worms" and "Black and White and Hate All Over"
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Feb 14 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #14

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

IPB Image

There's some truth to that. I do remember the aforementioned cock-sucking fuckbags on the BH forum and how much it irritated me. And maybe I got one too many bong hits on my resume, but I don't remember you taking a stance opposed to that (you may well have). I do remember a good deal of sour grapes in general though. We all got along as swimmingly as a Klansman and a Black Panther at a political rally for racial harmony.

Anyway, you said the advertising thing and I just took it at face value. (No doubt that was fueled by some impish motives deep in my subconscious, but I wasn't aware of it at the time.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
BadgerBob
post Feb 15 2009, 06:09 AM
Post #15

sacrosanct

QUOTE(Dr. Death @ Feb 14 2009, 03:59 PM) *

IPB Image

There's some truth to that. I do remember the aforementioned cock-sucking fuckbags on the BH forum and how much it irritated me. And maybe I got one too many bong hits on my resume, but I don't remember you taking a stance opposed to that (you may well have). I do remember a good deal of sour grapes in general though. We all got along as swimmingly as a Klansman and a Black Panther at a political rally for racial harmony.

Anyway, you said the advertising thing and I just took it at face value. (No doubt that was fueled by some impish motives deep in my subconscious, but I wasn't aware of it at the time.)

Hey, if I got a moment's sincerity from you, then it was all worth it.

But it was the Apple link I didn't like.

Fucking don't like ITunes since they charged for a charity single, when everyone else was giving it away for free.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2018 - 03:06 PM
Skin created by Vanson Studios, © 2006 Sacred Cow Productions