Reply to this topicStart new topic
left  Bringing home the bacon.   Options  V right
Goatgirluk
post Aug 29 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #1

sacrosanct

Group: Sacred Moderators
Member No.: 17

The Pirate Bay. Some films haven't even hit the cinemas yet. Enjoy.
It's a 'search' engine and more, much more.

--------------------
" The world is a wonderfully weird place, consensual reality is significantly flawed, no institution can be trusted, certainty is a mirage, security a delusion, and the tyranny of the dull mind forever threatens -- but our lives are not as limited as we think they are, all things are possible, laughter is holier than piety, freedom is sweeter than fame, and in the end it's love and love alone that really matters."

- Tom Robbins'

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Aug 29 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #2

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Group: Sacred Members
Member No.: 11

Whatever, pirates don't even eat bacon. This however is a delightful cartoon. Have a gander:

IPB Image

As you can tell by the the illustration we have what appears to the dwelling of a wolf "couple"; this is clearly is use of anthropomorphism as the wolves mentioned live in a somewhat modern human-type residence and not a cave or perhaps some landscape of open wilderness as would be congruent with their natural habitat- why, the pure comicly absurd premis of that notion alone is enough to make me chuckle! Haha! As you can see upon further examination a third entity is depicted next to the male of the species in the form of a (also anthropomorphic) pig. How curious that both wolves in this depiction appear casually non-chalant and unaggresive towards the subject of a prey animal! Indeed, this is an obviously well-refined example of jocular comedy featuring a high caliber of misdirection and is most exceptionally clever to that end. The caption reads "Honey, I found job today, so I'm bringing home the bacon..." a common aphorism construed in quite the literal sense, and to such hilarious ensuement I might add! I scarcely need mention it is not actual bacon this wolf brings home, but a pig (of which is commonly known to be the sourse of said bacon) as we have established. Is there no end to the pure unadulteded ingenuity and masterful humorous conceptualization abilities of to the artist rendering such works? We're not only my own abilities so acute... How broad of horizons I would awaken to upon that day!

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
+Quote Post
Goatgirluk
post Aug 30 2007, 05:18 AM
Post #3

sacrosanct

you seriously need to get laid Doc. That or get yourself a red cape, I'm not sure which one yet. I think Mrs Death should tie you up immediately upon your return. Cover you in warm custard and then post a thread here, where us members can make suggestions to heed your recovery. Group therapy of a different kind

--------------------
" The world is a wonderfully weird place, consensual reality is significantly flawed, no institution can be trusted, certainty is a mirage, security a delusion, and the tyranny of the dull mind forever threatens -- but our lives are not as limited as we think they are, all things are possible, laughter is holier than piety, freedom is sweeter than fame, and in the end it's love and love alone that really matters."

- Tom Robbins'

+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Aug 30 2007, 06:11 AM
Post #4

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Group: Sacred Members
Member No.: 11

Custard is an over-used comic device. You have failed me for the last time.

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
+Quote Post
BadAlbert
post Aug 30 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #5

Sacred Moderator

Member No.: 15

I had to trim the hedges out the front a few days ago. The plan was afterward to mow the lawn too. So I set to work with the hedge strimmer. It is quite heavy and noisy, but fun too! Once I had finished I did as planned and started on the lawn, well, after using the hedge strimmer the lawn mower felt like a child's toy! I use an old flymo that my dad gave me when he got himself a new lawn mower. It's an 80's design classic, the flymo. I remember they were almost revolutionary at the time. Before that my dad had a push mower with wheels and a container you had to empty, how it cut anything I'll never know!

--------------------
'Heaven help me, I'm in the hands of maniacs...'
+Quote Post
Goatgirluk
post Aug 30 2007, 05:45 PM
Post #6

sacrosanct

QUOTE(Dr. Death @ Aug 30 2007, 06:11 AM) *

Custard is an over-used comic device. You have failed me for the last time.

Have you ever tried it ?

Personally I like cold champagne being blown in then sucked out. The cold bubbles are the clincher.

Do I feel shame ? Non, viva la goat!

--------------------

- Tom Robbins'

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 12:18 PM
Skin created by Vanson Studios, © 2006 Sacred Cow Productions