left  Dec 21 2012   Options  V right
russetbabe
post Aug 19 2008, 06:23 AM
Post #16

sacrosanct

Group: Sacred Members
Member No.: 625

Another link

Okay, so I am not trying to piss on your bonfire, and I do find all the Mayan stuff highly interesting - have visited Mayan ruins in Mexico, and the way they were able to construct temples to harness the sunlight at very specific times is incredible. I just worry when people make huge amounts of money (like John Major Jenkins) on peddling end of the world theories. We seem very obsessed with the idea of the Apocalypse, which is in itself interesting. Maybe Freud was right (God forbid!) and all humans are born with a kind of death-drive (thanatos) which makes us actively seek our own destruction. Or maybe it's just a deep sense of guilt at the continued success of Phil Collins.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Aug 19 2008, 06:48 AM
Post #17

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Member No.: 11

So you're saying science can indeed predict astronomical events -- but not the effect they will have on the planet!? You're either with science or you're not. You can't pick and choose. No having your mother's crab-cake and eating it too. Hopefully, when the polarity shifts, your ass and your face will end up on the right end.

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
+Quote Post
Light
post Aug 19 2008, 06:49 AM
Post #18

sacrosanct

Member No.: 9

Heh. Using factual evidence to point out that Doc's hissy fit was somewhat premature*?

I wish I'd thought of that...

* - I know; that's not what you were doing. It's pretty much exactly how he tends to take anyone disagreeing with him though, so...

--------------------
Light's deeply tedious blog

Everyone knows scientists insist on using complex terminology to make it harder for True Christians to refute their claims.

Deoxyribonucleic Acid, for example... sounds impressive, right? But have you ever seen what happens if you put something in acid? It dissolves! If we had all this acid in our cells, we'd all dissolve! So much for the Theory of Evolution, Check MATE!
+Quote Post
russetbabe
post Aug 19 2008, 06:55 AM
Post #19

sacrosanct

+Quote Post
Light
post Aug 19 2008, 07:29 AM
Post #20

sacrosanct

I can't view that at work, but I'm guessing it's the "Yeah well...you can prove anything with facts, can't you?" routine?

I really like Stewart Lee, although I prefer the stuff he did with Richard Herring to a lot of his solo stuff.

--------------------

Everyone knows scientists insist on using complex terminology to make it harder for True Christians to refute their claims.

Deoxyribonucleic Acid, for example... sounds impressive, right? But have you ever seen what happens if you put something in acid? It dissolves! If we had all this acid in our cells, we'd all dissolve! So much for the Theory of Evolution, Check MATE!
+Quote Post
russetbabe
post Aug 19 2008, 07:48 AM
Post #21

sacrosanct

QUOTE(Light @ Aug 19 2008, 10:29 AM) *

I can't view that at work, but I'm guessing it's the "Yeah well...you can prove anything with facts, can't you?" routine?

It is indeed.
QUOTE(Light @ Aug 19 2008, 10:29 AM) *

I really like Stewart Lee, although I prefer the stuff he did with Richard Herring to a lot of his solo stuff.

Really? I mean...really? Did you see This Morning with Richard, not Judy? Ye Gods ... words fail me.

And there was me thinking that we could be friends. Ah well, such is life.
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Aug 19 2008, 07:54 AM
Post #22

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Shutup Light! Shutup! I hate you! You make me so mad! You outfox me everytime! I'm completely steamed! You're such a cool operator, sitting there posting with your pipe and robe while I rant and rave and rip my hair out...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Light
post Aug 19 2008, 08:10 AM
Post #23

sacrosanct

QUOTE(russetbabe @ Aug 19 2008, 07:48 AM) *

Really? I mean...really? Did you see This Morning with Richard, not Judy? Ye Gods ... words fail me.

I did, but I also saw Fist of Fun. Which was amazing. As was their work for On The Hour (the radio predecessor to The Day Today).

QUOTE(russetbabe @ Aug 19 2008, 07:48 AM) *

And there was me thinking that we could be friends. Ah well, such is life.

Aye well; first impressions frequently let one down.

Oh, and Doc; that would've sounded a lot more convincing had it been posted before you got your petulant arse handed back to you. Thanks for the effort though!

--------------------

+Quote Post
BadgerBob
post Aug 19 2008, 08:14 AM
Post #24

sacrosanct

Member No.: 613

QUOTE(Dr. Death @ Aug 19 2008, 02:54 PM) *

Shutup Light! Shutup! I hate you! You make me so mad! You outfox me everytime! I'm completely steamed! You're such a cool operator, sitting there posting with your pipe and robe while I rant and rave and rip my hair out...

He pretends this is a joke, but this is actually a moment of pure sincerity.

You have got to give it to Deathboy. He knows when he's been bested.

--------------------
Author of the best-selling books "Hunting for Worms" and "Black and White and Hate All Over"
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Aug 19 2008, 08:27 AM
Post #25

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Yes, you bested me with absolutely zero content sans pissing and crying and going "Oh look, the mayan calender is flawed -- well, the clearly refutes modern science". No Light, I clearly lost the arguement. I have not persuaded you. Same as if I had tried to persuade a chimpanzee in the matter.

--------------------
+Quote Post
BadgerBob
post Aug 19 2008, 09:18 AM
Post #26

sacrosanct

Member No.: 613

You can tell he is beaten by the poor spelling, the loss of sense, the poor quality of comeback.

I'd tickle his belly now Light, and give the little puppy a biscuit.

--------------------
Author of the best-selling books "Hunting for Worms" and "Black and White and Hate All Over"
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Aug 19 2008, 09:35 AM
Post #27

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

So I spelled a couple of words wrong writing a quick reply -- these are the straws you're clutching at?

Let your daddy, Light, do the talking (he can flog your latex covered buns later). You missrepresenting him like that makes you both look even stupider... and that's no small task.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Light
post Aug 19 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #28

sacrosanct

Who said anything about me besting you? You're giving away your inferiority complex Doc.

No, I'm referring to the fact that Russetbabe has provided evidence that indicates your spewing shit. You in return are doing your level best to distract from that. In fact you're doing everything you can to avoid having to say "Y'know what? Maybe I was wrong.", or from having to actually provide something to back up what you're saying.

Which, again, is pretty much a direct copy of Funkbone's style.

Unless of course you have something to rebutt what Russet said. Something of substance. Anything at all?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Aug 19 2008, 10:32 AM
Post #29

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

No cocoa; no! We do not play with our dung while daddy is talking. Look at me -- yes, I know that's a shiny object and you find it fascinating -- I'll reiterate from the beginning... The Mayans are a moot point, Cocoa; I've already told you that, bad monkey! You can't pet the kitty until you display a rudimentary grasp of the subject matter.

QUOTE(Light @ Aug 19 2008, 11:19 AM) *

Who said anything about me besting you? You're giving away your inferiority complex Doc.

BadgerBob said it, in the post directly prior to me mentioning it. Not much gets by you does it, stonewall?

QUOTE(Light @ Aug 19 2008, 11:19 AM) *

No, I'm referring to the fact that Russetbabe has provided evidence that indicates your spewing shit. You in return are doing your level best to distract from that. In fact you're doing everything you can to avoid having to say "Y'know what? Maybe I was wrong.", or from having to actually provide something to back up what you're saying.

Which, again, is pretty much a direct copy of Funkbone's style.

Unless of course you have something to rebutt what Russet said. Something of substance. Anything at all?

I'm not hip to all that UK rhyming jibber-jabber. Apparently, shit must be a term used to describe the general consensus of modern science. Interesting.

--------------------
+Quote Post
russetbabe
post Aug 19 2008, 11:39 AM
Post #30

sacrosanct

QUOTE(Dr. Death @ Aug 19 2008, 09:48 AM) *

So you're saying science can indeed predict astronomical events -- but not the effect they will have on the planet!? You're either with science or you're not. You can't pick and choose.

So, all science is either nonsense or infalliable? You really are a black and white kind of guy. And, just so I am clear in my own head... the Mayans are a moot point, articles from astronomers saying that not only will the alignment not have a great impact, but that it has already happened are irrelevant...so, what are we talking about here again? I must have missed the point.

Anyway, as to the reversal of the poles, it has happened before, and yes, it is due to happen again. I think there is some evidence to suggest that the strength of the respective magnetic fields is weakening, which is believed to be a precursor to reversal. Am not too worried - never learned how to use a compass anyway.
+Quote Post

14 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 08:27 AM
Skin created by Vanson Studios, © 2006 Sacred Cow Productions