left  OBL DEAD, any thoughts?   Options  V right
Jessica Rabbit
post May 7 2011, 08:11 PM
Post #31

sacrosanct

Group: Sacred Members
Member No.: 636

QUOTE(Nedak @ May 5 2011, 07:32 PM) *

They would need her to lie as well (along with his wife).

Your voice does not match your face.

I think you need a moustache.....just saying.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nedak
post May 8 2011, 12:24 AM
Post #32

sacrosanct

Member No.: 441

QUOTE(Jessica Rabbit @ May 7 2011, 09:11 PM) *

Your voice does not match your face.

I think you need a moustache.....just saying.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Jessica Rabbit
post May 8 2011, 09:47 AM
Post #33

sacrosanct

I'm thinking the Dali.

+Quote Post
sunupu
post May 17 2011, 12:33 PM
Post #34

sacrosanct

Member No.: 474

A bit late (been busy, two jobs and a library internship), but I also want to weigh in on Laudy-Daudy's "death".

No matter what, it's bullshit that we won't release any photos. So we're willing to put a bullet in his eye, but we give him a burial at see and won't release the photos out for the sake of "dignity"? Come on, I get that we're worried about Islamic backlash, but that's just ridiculous. Half of the "enemy combatants" we're fighting have never even heard of DNA, so how can they act like saying that is a blow to Al Quaeda (sic)? Release the damn pictures.

Also, I'm a bit hazy on how it is we initially got bin Laden's DNA. I'm certain we did have something to DNA test from before, but nobody really has clarified from where. Did he get a saliva sample while being trained and funded by the CIA? DNA testing can only conclusively prove it's him if they explain where they got the first DNA sample to compare it to.

I'm a big proponent of the idea that he's been dead for years, but it doesn't really matter either way. It was never about who actually perpetrated the attacks, not even directly after 9/11. Our actions in Afghanistan show that. If anything, his "death" does nothing more than quiet the most gullible patriots. Our policies won't change, and the war of terror we're engaged in will continue as planned.

--------------------
The best way to get over someone is to get under someone.
+Quote Post
Nedak
post May 17 2011, 11:14 PM
Post #35

sacrosanct

QUOTE(Jessica Rabbit @ May 8 2011, 10:47 AM) *

I'm thinking the Dali.

Not feeling my Seattle, Neo-hipster, stoner, look?

Is that not good enough for you?

I see how it is.
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post May 20 2011, 03:05 AM
Post #36

sacrosanct

Member No.: 92

QUOTE(Nedak @ May 3 2011, 10:08 PM) *

Can we at least wait before jumping to conspiratorial conclusions?

QUOTE(FunkBone @ May 2 2011, 02:25 AM) *

I think OBL was about as real as Jesus.

QUOTE(Goatgirluk @ May 3 2011, 03:29 PM) *

So the chapter has drawn to a close and we no longer have to endure this particular Emmanuel Goldstein tainting our reality.

QUOTE(Dr. Death @ May 19 2011, 06:21 PM) *

Sorry, but I don't care if it is the socially acceptable thing to do or not I can't believe something that is such an obvious lie.

--------------------
"If you were supposed to watch your mouth
all of the time, I doubt your eyes would be above it"
- Drive-By Truckers

____________________________________The Earth is Flat____________________________________
+Quote Post
Light
post May 20 2011, 01:45 PM
Post #37

sacrosanct

Member No.: 9

QUOTE(Jessica Rabbit @ May 4 2011, 02:58 PM) *

Take the gov's word on things then. That seems to be proof enough.

Because, of course, there is no middle ground right? If someone isn't agreeing with you, they're slavishly marching to the government beat...

Jesus, have you any idea how that sounds? Do you even care that you're parroting exactly the same kind of "If you're not with us, you're against us" crap that Dubya spewed?

Anyway, rant over. Back on topic: don't you find it ironic that you've shied away from the substance of what I said in reply to your last post, yet you're kicking off at not getting all the answers you want from the government?

--------------------
Light's deeply tedious blog

Everyone knows scientists insist on using complex terminology to make it harder for True Christians to refute their claims.

Deoxyribonucleic Acid, for example... sounds impressive, right? But have you ever seen what happens if you put something in acid? It dissolves! If we had all this acid in our cells, we'd all dissolve! So much for the Theory of Evolution, Check MATE!
+Quote Post
Jessica Rabbit
post May 20 2011, 07:43 PM
Post #38

sacrosanct

QUOTE(Light @ May 20 2011, 02:45 PM) *

Because, of course, there is no middle ground right? If someone isn't agreeing with you, they're slavishly marching to the government beat...

Jesus, have you any idea how that sounds? Do you even care that you're parroting exactly the same kind of "If you're not with us, you're against us" crap that Dubya spewed?

Anyway, rant over. Back on topic: don't you find it ironic that you've shied away from the substance of what I said in reply to your last post, yet you're kicking off at not getting all the answers you want from the government?

That was more directed towards Nedak. He accuses me of questioning everything. I think I told him to bring this here cause he was blowing up my fb feed and I don't want everyone I know to think I'm crazy. I kind of wrote you off when all you could do was question what I said. ....or uh I must have missed all the posts where you provided support and proof for your view of the issue. You kind of skipped over stating your own stuff and went straight to finding flaws in what I said.

The middle ground is, you are free to believe the government is telling the truth, he's dead they killed him, woohoo. And I am free to believe he died a long time ago and this was all a charade. There is no compromising of facts when all you have done is question what I have stated.

And as far as your not liking my sources, sorry I can't help you. I did provide them though. And they do work, you just have to click on them from the original post and not from a reply post....it messes them up when quoted.
+Quote Post
Jessica Rabbit
post May 20 2011, 07:46 PM
Post #39

sacrosanct

QUOTE(Nedak @ May 18 2011, 12:14 AM) *

Not feeling my Seattle, Neo-hipster, stoner, look?

Is that not good enough for you?

I see how it is.

eh.
+Quote Post
Nedak
post May 20 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #40

sacrosanct

QUOTE(Jessica Rabbit @ May 20 2011, 08:43 PM) *

He accuses me of questioning everything

Woa now! I encourage questioning of everything. Everything SHOULD be questioned. Questions are completely fine. However, when questioning leads us to conclusions that are illogical, irrational, or unsupported...that's where I think it's pointless and unhealthy.

I think I told him to bring this here cause he was blowing up my fb feed and I don't want everyone I know to think I'm crazy.

Understandable.

Note:
Not calling your argument irrational or illogical, just unsupported.
+Quote Post
Jessica Rabbit
post May 21 2011, 07:18 AM
Post #41

sacrosanct

You can't ask for proof that they killed him, because you can't provide any proof that they did not kill him.

There is an endless cycle of mailmen delivering mail to other mailmen.

There is a reason why this is in conspiracy.
+Quote Post
Light
post May 21 2011, 07:21 AM
Post #42

sacrosanct

QUOTE(Jessica Rabbit @ May 20 2011, 07:43 PM) *

That was more directed towards Nedak. He accuses me of questioning everything. I think I told him to bring this here cause he was blowing up my fb feed and I don't want everyone I know to think I'm crazy. I kind of wrote you off when all you could do was question what I said. ....or uh I must have missed all the posts where you provided support and proof for your view of the issue. You kind of skipped over stating your own stuff and went straight to finding flaws in what I said.

Fair enough; in my defence, I'm jetlagged.

And you're right, I didn't provide any support of my view. Because I haven't come out and said what my view is. I've pointed out the serious flaws in your supporting evidence and you've said nada in response.

Here's the thing though; if you're writing me off for asking questions, why do you expect to be taken seriously for...well, asking questions?

The middle ground is, you are free to believe the government is telling the truth, he's dead they killed him, woohoo. And I am free to believe he died a long time ago and this was all a charade. There is no compromising of facts when all you have done is question what I have stated.

Sorry, but no. That isn't the middle ground at all. That's simply what you've said. You're quite free to believe that, of course. It's just what you (and I, respectively) believe and there is nothing factual to support it.

And as far as your not liking my sources, sorry I can't help you. I did provide them though. And they do work, you just have to click on them from the original post and not from a reply post....it messes them up when quoted.

The point I've made is that your sources are unresearched and unsupported. If you look long enough on the internet, you can find any yahoo saying anything. And indeed, you have. But hey, if you're willing to go to th extent of claiming I'm lying when I say a couple of the links don't work when I click them, it's pretty clear your mind is made up and you're going to point blank refuse to accept a single dissenting view.

--------------------

Everyone knows scientists insist on using complex terminology to make it harder for True Christians to refute their claims.

Deoxyribonucleic Acid, for example... sounds impressive, right? But have you ever seen what happens if you put something in acid? It dissolves! If we had all this acid in our cells, we'd all dissolve! So much for the Theory of Evolution, Check MATE!
+Quote Post
Light
post May 21 2011, 07:33 AM
Post #43

sacrosanct

QUOTE(Nedak @ May 20 2011, 11:28 PM) *

Note:
Not calling your argument irrational or illogical, just unsupported.

My position exactly. With a side order of hypocrisy what with her reaction to being questioned.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jessica Rabbit
post May 21 2011, 08:18 AM
Post #44

sacrosanct

You rrquest a middle ground whie admitting you never stated a pov. I am not sure what you expected to be done with that request. My reaction to questioning was an attemp to provide support. You don't like my support and then state anyone can find anything on the internet. any documentation i could provide is an appeal to authority. Don't act like I ignored your request for support.

This is like a therapy session with Freud.

+Quote Post
Light
post May 21 2011, 08:22 AM
Post #45

sacrosanct

QUOTE(Jessica Rabbit @ May 21 2011, 08:18 AM) *

You rrquest a middle ground whie admitting you never stated a pov. I am not sure what you expected to be done with that request. My reaction to questioning was an attemp to provide support. You don't like my support and then state anyone can find anything on the internet. any documentation i could provide is an appeal to authority. Don't act like I ignored your request for support.

This is like a therapy session with Freud.

No, I pointed out that you assumed if I didn't agree with you, then I must be slavishly agreeing with the government whilst stating that there is a middle ground between those two extremes. Is that really so difficult to understand, or are you being deliberately obtuse?

As to "not liking your support", I gave you chapter and verse as to exactly why not. You've not made any attempt to respond to that beyond complaining that I'm asking questions. And in response to that, I've pointed out that you started out this little debate by stating that everything should be questioned, did you not? So I'm pointing out your hypocrisy. It's as if you believe that simply by finding an unsupported statement which agrees with your view, your "research" is complete and you don't have to do anything else. Sorry and all, but I'm afraid you actually have to back your sources with fact and you've done nothing of the sort in all but one the links you've provided.

It's very easy to provide documentation that has research to back it up. Any academic could tell you that. It's telling, however, that you can't do so for the most part.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2017 - 02:38 PM
Skin created by Vanson Studios, © 2006 Sacred Cow Productions