Reply to this topicStart new topic
left  Apropos of nothing, I found this on Cracked   Options  V right
Light
post Jul 3 2012, 01:05 PM
Post #1

sacrosanct

Group: Sacred Members
Member No.: 9

"So in light of the truth about the Tonkin incident, is it really so crazy to think that 9/11 was an inside job?
Yes. Still crazy. In fact, the Gulf of Tonkin conspiracy makes such elaborate conspiracy theories seem even more unlikely (to the sane). It proves that you don't need to orchestrate elaborate conspiracies to justify an unjust war. All you need is the ability to ignore 90 percent of the facts and focus on the ones that support the case for war. In that way, the Tonkin incident bears a much closer resemblance to the many intelligence oopsies that happened in the run up to the Iraq War.

Now that was a conspiracy worth getting pissed off about. Like the Tonkin incident, the Bush administration's case for war in Iraq featured an ass-backward intelligence-gathering process that was designed to justify a war, rather than to answer the question of whether there should actually be one. But conspiracy theorists aren't interested in boring stories featuring things like incompetence and the truth. They want the story where evil people cause explosions. In this way, they're exactly like the presidents who they believe are a species of lizard people.

Short, informal, and informative.

--------------------
Light's deeply tedious blog

Everyone knows scientists insist on using complex terminology to make it harder for True Christians to refute their claims.

Deoxyribonucleic Acid, for example... sounds impressive, right? But have you ever seen what happens if you put something in acid? It dissolves! If we had all this acid in our cells, we'd all dissolve! So much for the Theory of Evolution, Check MATE!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Jul 3 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #2

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Member No.: 11

Hmmm, I wonder who owns Cracked magazine? I would be surprised if they owned several other media outlets as well. Usually that is how things work. Might look into that.

It is crazy and stupid to say GWB planned or had anything to do with a conspiracy involving 9/11. He didn't. And I'm sure he was given minimal information and some simple instructions by those who did.

Also posting these lyrics just because it was on the radio and I have it stuck in my head:

Spread your ear-pollution both far and wide
Keep your contributions by your side
Stroke me, stroke me
Could be a winner boy, you move quite well
Stroke me, stroke me
Say you're a winner, but man, you're just a sinner now

(Funny how that turned out so fitting)

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Jul 3 2012, 04:07 PM
Post #3

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

By the way it must be nice living in such a naive and idealistic world. Can I come visit you sometime? Is it like Neverland? Should I sprinkle myself with cognitive dissonance and just think happy thoughts? Will there be lots of young boys and pirates to play with?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Light
post Jul 5 2012, 10:31 AM
Post #4

sacrosanct

...do all conspiracy types react with abuse to any challenges to whatever pet theory they may have?

I suspect so. After all, mindless rhetoric seems to be the American way these days.

--------------------

Everyone knows scientists insist on using complex terminology to make it harder for True Christians to refute their claims.

Deoxyribonucleic Acid, for example... sounds impressive, right? But have you ever seen what happens if you put something in acid? It dissolves! If we had all this acid in our cells, we'd all dissolve! So much for the Theory of Evolution, Check MATE!
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Jul 5 2012, 02:06 PM
Post #5

sacrosanct

Member No.: 92

It always has been - we inherited it.

--------------------
"If you were supposed to watch your mouth
all of the time, I doubt your eyes would be above it"
- Drive-By Truckers

____________________________________The Earth is Flat____________________________________
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Jul 5 2012, 03:09 PM
Post #6

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Mindless? How inaccurate. You're pairing an adjective with a noun simply because they are commonly used together, not because it further illustrates the statement. That is lazy writing. Lazy writing is dull. If you are accusing me of rhetoric in comparrison I will take the compliment.

What is mindless is you negating everything simply by labeling as coming from a "conspiracy type" and using that as pass not to engage what is between your ears.

What is also mindless is your complete unawareness in that what you posted shows contempt for those more skeptical than you, and you in turn acting as if you have been wronged for not receiving a warm reception to it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Light
post Jul 6 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #7

sacrosanct

Okay Doc, I just need you to reference Occam's Razor and I'll have a complete Conspiracy Buzzword Bingo.

Funkbone: Well played sir. Well played.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Jul 6 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #8

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Occam's Razor? Here is your Occam's Razor: I leave the house with a newspaper left on the coffee table open to the soduku page. I return from checking the mail and greet my dog, the only one who was in the house while I was away. Astonished, I look down at the newspaper to see the soduku completely filled out in my absense. Occam's Razor, call the newspaper my dog is a genius.

I believe that would be a fair parellel to your thought process on this.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Jul 6 2012, 01:03 PM
Post #9

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Other than that, I don't really see what "buzzwords" you are refering to (especially an amount of them sufficient enough for you to be one away from winning bingo). I used straightforward language.

Are you refering to, "negate", "label", perhaps? A bold attempt to do once again what you were called out on initially with those very words? I'm at a loss here as your response hardly seems even applicable. Are you going back and just recycling old posts where you responded to Funkbone? Your heart doesn't really seem to be in it. Are you getting too old these days to work up your piss and vinegar and don your warpaint -- or is it perhaps you simply realize you are not equiped with faculties to have this conversation and have decided simply to side step off with an akward chuckle?

--------------------
+Quote Post
sunupu
post Jul 20 2012, 03:15 PM
Post #10

sacrosanct

Member No.: 474

I'm torn. On the one hand, I do wish to encourage skepticism, especially for issues that still have unanswered questions. On the other hand, I hate having the same stupid fucking arguments over and over again. On the one hand again, I hate coming back here every three months just to bitch. On the other hand again, my friend just gave away my ticket for Dark Knight Rises and I'm pissed off anyway.

I will say this: This cliche of "well who owns them?" is getting real fuckin' old. It's fucking CRACKED, Death. How about you just argue that the same online venue that published "Six Degrees of Su-Su-Sudio: Using Pandora as Musical Gaydar" might not be the best place to get your political commentary? But no, obviously it has to be some media conspiracy. I'm sure Viacom's involved in all the decision-making at Cracked, maybe the Illumminati too...

--------------------
The best way to get over someone is to get under someone.
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Jul 29 2012, 09:02 AM
Post #11

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

I'm not talking about some elaborate conspiracy. I don't imagine the staff at cracked is all "in on it" and sits around scheming up misinformation.

It's really very simple. The guy writes the article. It goes to the editor. He looks it over and if is well-written and within certain standards and principles, (whom he has discussed with his boss, and he in turn discussed with his boss, on down the line etc.) then it is ok and gets published.

And I never said that was even the case. Only a likely possibility worth considering.

To assume because a publication is based on humor therefore that makes it is somehow impartial is totally unfounded.

--------------------
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Aug 6 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #12

sacrosanct

Member No.: 92

QUOTE(sunupu @ Jul 20 2012, 03:15 PM) *

This cliche of "well who owns them?" is getting real fuckin' old.

Older than you think.

--------------------
"If you were supposed to watch your mouth
all of the time, I doubt your eyes would be above it"
- Drive-By Truckers

____________________________________The Earth is Flat____________________________________
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Aug 6 2012, 09:26 PM
Post #13

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

I could have reworded that last sentence better.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Light
post Sep 22 2012, 07:32 AM
Post #14

sacrosanct

So...how did your research into Cracked's place in the global conspiracy to keep you from buying enough biscuits go?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Sep 22 2012, 12:14 PM
Post #15

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

QUOTE(Light @ Sep 22 2012, 08:32 AM) *

So...how did your research into Cracked's place in the global conspiracy to keep you from buying enough biscuits go?

They are a front for satanic occultists in the business of child sex trafficking.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 11:12 PM
Skin created by Vanson Studios, © 2006 Sacred Cow Productions