left  Aliens?   Options  V right
Dr. Death
post Oct 15 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #1

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Group: Sacred Members
Member No.: 11

See, like, now I don't even know.

The whole aliens genetically modifying bigfoots to create humanity just seemed like such a plausible idea! And now... I feel like this whole thing is really well presented so far and I owe it to myself to sit through three hours of this shit... It is just so hard to fuckin' know anything... It's like, oh believe this shit, it has a reference, but what is its references reference? Reference reference reference reference my balls on down the fuckin' line...

I mean, at the end of the day all you're doing is taking somebody's word for it, and you can't believe half the shit you see with your own two eyes anyway so...

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Oct 18 2012, 02:04 AM
Post #2

sacrosanct

Member No.: 92

I had the same problem (as the narrator) when I was reading Sitchin. No references to check that don't require a background in ancient tongues, like those bible code guys - difficult to call "bullshit", even after Pluto got demoted (in The 12th Planet Sitchen says the aliens counted inward from Pluto, making Earth the 7th planet, which must be a false conclusion if Pluto is not special). Genesis Revisited was more of the same, so I never read any of the others. There are things he presents as facts that are debatable, but most of the history is irrefutable - it is the conclusions he draws that seem to have no basis other than his imagination. When I listen to David Icke make his case I hit a similar wall - he presents a truckload of cold, hard facts, then proceeds to blame all our woes on lizard people. You can't debunk anything he says, so when he throws lizards on the top of the pile it seems as plausible as anything, and it is (however unlikely). Some say the general populace is being prepared for a fake alien invasion, a false flag war of the worlds scenario to ring in the NWO (see William Cooper). Ancient Aliens has to be the most obvious example of how unreliable the History channel is (unless it is the conflicting JKF cover stories). It is the video version of Coast to Coast AM, where these same "experts" present the same points, constantly referring to their books, and always ends up sounding like an infomercial. George Noory has the incredulous host schtick down.

--------------------
"If you were supposed to watch your mouth
all of the time, I doubt your eyes would be above it"
- Drive-By Truckers

____________________________________The Earth is Flat____________________________________
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Oct 18 2012, 10:15 PM
Post #3

sacrosanct

Member No.: 92

QUOTE(Dr. Death @ Oct 15 2012, 01:25 PM) *

The whole aliens genetically modifying bigfoots to create humanity just seemed like such a plausible idea!

It still is - the alien could be a mushroom. When it comes to theorizing about human pre-history, I think Terrence McKenna hit a lot closer to the mark than any of those jokers.

--------------------
"If you were supposed to watch your mouth
all of the time, I doubt your eyes would be above it"
- Drive-By Truckers

____________________________________The Earth is Flat____________________________________
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Oct 18 2012, 11:10 PM
Post #4

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Member No.: 11

I am going to have to at least sit through this whole thing before it would prudent to respond, and I just haven't had the time. This thread is kind of a just a bookmark so far.

No matter the outcome though, one thing seems certain... or maybe certain in its uncertainty... or something... I have had a few... And that is, does it really matter when you think about it? No knowledge is really of value unless when we die with it we are more enlightened (or whatever) and our soul benefits and evolves itself (sort of) closer towards Nirvana than if we had not had that experience in this incarnation (I guess).

Then again, I'm not even sure that itself matters. What's the rush? We will get there eventually. What will be will be. Might as well just go out and have fun.

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2017 - 06:34 PM
Skin created by Vanson Studios, © 2006 Sacred Cow Productions