Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
left  Dark Side of the Moon, More to the story than you've previously heard   Options  V right
FunkBone
post Dec 31 2006, 06:51 PM
Post #1

sacrosanct

Group: Sacred Members
Member No.: 92

This Canadian documentary includes interviews with Nixon's cabinet (Rumsfeld, Kissinger etc.) discussing how they hired Stanley Kubrik to film the 'moon landing'. The producers clearly demonstrate that the interviews were not spontaneous and everything said was scripted. Still an amazing tale. Someone else attached a somewhat annoying intro dedication, then the volume drops significantly.

--------------------
"If you were supposed to watch your mouth
all of the time, I doubt your eyes would be above it"
- Drive-By Truckers

____________________________________The Earth is Flat____________________________________
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Batman
post Dec 31 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #2

sacrosanct

Member No.: 12

How dare you belittle the Moon. For it is the home of little bunny FuFu.
IPB Image
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Jan 1 2007, 02:45 AM
Post #3

sacrosanct

Who's belittling it? And fuck bunny fu fu. You know this one time on two hits of blotter I was looking up at the moon and I saw Marilyn Monroe. Just her face. It was like a 50's newsreel without the sound. I mean her lips were moving and everything I just couldn't hear the shit she was saying.

--------------------
- Drive-By Truckers

____________________________________The Earth is Flat____________________________________
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Jan 6 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #4

sacrosanct

Nasa alters media before the public sees it. Structures on the moon are blurred and ufos removed. In the William Cooper thread he is analyzing undoctored photos. THEY want you to believe that going to the moon is difficult and expensive, meanwhile advanced underground technology and nazi engineering takes them back and forth comfortably on a regular basis. Who are THEY? There is enough posted in this forum to answer that question. WAKE UP
IPB Image

--------------------
- Drive-By Truckers

+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Jan 11 2007, 06:01 PM
Post #5

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Member No.: 11

Dude, are you serious? This guy's tripping me out.

"Drop some dose with me he says, we'll look at the moon he says..."

This is bad... very bad... Where are my shoes? I've got to find my shoes. I've got to find my shoes and walk to the store and get some more cigarettes. I'm ok. I can make it. I've got my sunglasses; nobody will know the wiser. Fuck, where are my sunglasses? Everyone stop. Stop what you're doing. We have got to find my shoes and my sunglasses and my cigarettes. That is our mission. That is what we must do. It's like- every decision in our lifetime we've ever made has lead us up to this point. Right here, right now. This is our destiny. We were destined to find my shoes and my sunglasses and my cigarettes. You know what- fuck this. I have got to go outside right now. They're calling me. I can hear them. Can you hear them? Yeah... you hear them. I have got to go outside- but first, first I need to find my cigarettes and my shoes and my sunglasses. Help me find them.

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Jan 11 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #6

sacrosanct

It's like that Cheech and Chong movie where all this pot was growing in a swimming pool and there was a rip in the tarp over the pool. They got a Marilyn Monroe tarp over the moon dude. And I see through the rip. Hurry, look now! There it is!

PS: I do not recommend LSD
IPB Image

--------------------
- Drive-By Truckers

+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Jan 12 2007, 01:07 PM
Post #7

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Ok, so... The pool is the moon and the pool has a hole in it... So the moon has a hole in it? But what does that have to do with Marilyn Monroe? Ah, Ok I see. It all makes perfect sense. I know what we must do. We must go into the kitchen and microwave some burritos. That is the answer. I can see it clearly now. We will go in the kitchen and we will microwave some burritos. I'm going to do that. You should come with me. We will microwave some burritos. Do you know where they are? They're in the freezer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Jan 12 2007, 04:46 PM
Post #8

sacrosanct

The hole in the moon is sensitive on the spicy
IPB Image

--------------------
- Drive-By Truckers

+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Jan 13 2007, 12:01 AM
Post #9

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Oh the freezer is very cool. Funkbone, stop what you're doing and come look at the freezer. The freezer knows... It like it's own little place, inside the freezer. Like you could climb inside and just be; just be in the freezer. You could just live in there and like have your own little ice cube trays. Funkbone, I've decided I'm going to live in the freezer. Just as soon as I find my sunglasses and my shoes and my cigarettes. Help me go look for them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Jan 13 2007, 01:37 AM
Post #10

sacrosanct

You will last longer in there. But still not forever. You see, two defects in particular cause most of the problems in frozen products: the development of off flavors due to the oxidation of tissue lipids (fat rancidity), and freezer burn, which is caused by moisture loss and results in desiccation (toughening of the tissue texture). Oxidation is especially a problem in the storage of the high-fat specimens. It is imperative that you use the best packaging methods and wrapping material available to protect yourself while in the freezer. Vacuum packaging is the recommended method, although plastic wraps, aluminum foil, freezer bags, freezer paper and waxed paper cartons can also be used successfully. Good luck and God speed!

--------------------
- Drive-By Truckers

+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Jan 13 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #11

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Yes, I see that now. The freezer is a nice place to visit though. I've decided to live here on the couch, underneath the cushions. That's where my cigarettes were hiding. Everything is one now. The universe has brought us here together in this place, me and my cigarettes. I need you to go in the kitchen and bring me a burrito. Don't cook it yet. Just bring it to me in the wrapper. I want to hold it for a while.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Jan 13 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #12

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

The scientists in this documentary experiment on spiders by giving them LSD. This shit is totally crazy...

--------------------
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Jan 13 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #13

sacrosanct

Hey look what else was in the freezer

I also found a better quality copy of the original post without annoying introduction and with better audio.

--------------------
- Drive-By Truckers

+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Jan 13 2007, 07:49 PM
Post #14

sacrosanct

Buzz Aldrin punched the guy that made this movie. Bart W. Sibrel was asking all the (surviving) Apollo astronauts to put an end to the moon hoax hoopla by simply placing their hand on a bible and swearing that they did in fact go to the moon. None would do it and most got hostile. Buzz punched him in the face.

This Out There TV episode is an interview with Sibrel.

--------------------
- Drive-By Truckers

+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Jan 14 2007, 09:31 AM
Post #15

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

"In September, 2002, Bart Sibrel (a vocal proponent of the idea that NASA faked the moon landings) repeated demands (over several years) that Aldrin swear an oath on the Bible that he had walked on the Moon, or admit that it was all a hoax. Aldrin had pointedly ignored Sibrel, refusing to swear an oath, and Sibrel was becoming much more aggressive with Aldrin and several other Apollo astronauts. Sibrel often gained access to the astronauts by lying, claiming to represent organizations that he does not, and assuming false identities. When he approached Aldrin on 9 September 2002, he cornered Aldrin and a young female relative, stood in their way as they tried to leave the area and shoving a Bible towards Aldrin several times, called Aldrin "a coward, a liar, and a thief". Aldrin punched Sibrel in the face, later indicating that he felt forced to defend himself and his companion. Sibrel suffered no permanent injury. Although the Beverly Hills police investigated the incident, charges were never filed."

"I've known for a long time that the level of scientific expertise in this nation is poor, but never have I seen so amptly proven. Obviously in a desperate attempt to make money, Bart W. Sibrel has created this 47-minute documentary, which ranges from unsubstantiated and conjectural at the best to completely ridiculous and downright humorous at the worst. I laughed my way through most of this, and also through the ludicrous FOX documentary which was broadcast on Thursday, February 15. After both programs, I told myself that the sensationalist garbage convinced me more than ever that we have landed on the moon during the Apollo program.

Sibrel is one of the more amusing conspiracy theorists involved in this issue, and he proves it in this video. Most of the so-called "evidence" that is put forth as evidence of a faked lunar landing is not new or damning, and can easily be explained by a high school student with a basic physics book. However, a great deal has been made out of the new video footage which "proves" that Apollo 11, and astronauts Neil Armstrong, Mike Collins, and Buzz Aldrin, never left earth orbit. Actually, this video is nothing more than footage of Apollo 11's second telecast from space, while on their way to the moon. Aldrin is moving the camera, and panning back at the earth; if this footage were taken from earth orbit, we would see the clouds and land formations changing. However, since the earth remains completely still, it is obviously viewing the earth as a globe, and are making their way to the moon in the command module Columbia. Sibrel, ever the rational thinker, claims that the footage was taken using cardboard to give the impression that they were far away from earth, when they were really only at an altitude of 250 miles, in earth orbit. This is quite a fantasy, and it could only be concocted by someone with very little real knowledge in spaceflight and the Apollo lunar landings.

Thus, I remain convinced, and always will be, that twenty-four Apollo astronauts have indeed sailed the translunar gulf. Sibrel can keep fooling himself for as long as he pleases, and can continue to try to make money off the gullible and uninformed, but I will always know the truth of this matter. Do not waste your money on this video, and if you are stupid enough to believe that we never landed on the moon, then get a clue and try something productive. I would rather read Andrew Chaikin's 700-page book A Man on the Moon, published in 1994, which relates the real story of the lunar landings!"

"This movie is the worst kind of "documentary". It makes outlandish claims that contradict well-established science, and totally ignores evidence that contradicts its conclusion. The "secret" footage used by Mr Sibrel (supposedly showing the crew of Apollo 11 staging the flight to the moon and supposedly never available anywhere else) is on my bookshelf at home ... as part of Spacecraft Films Apollo 11 DVD set. That set also includes additional footage that demonstrates quite clearly exactly the opposite of what Sibrel claims and (rather than an inane and emotive commentary put in place by the moviemaker) includes the original soundtrack from the Lunar Module where the astronauts explain exactly what they are doing.

As far as Spider "Boy"s questions are concerned, why not check out some websites offering proper scientific critiques of the moon landing hoax theories, such as www.clavius.org and www.badastronomy.com, instead of just taking this films word for it. For the record though ...

1. Who filmed the lift off? If it was a direct feed, then is the feed still there, or did the battery die, and if not, when did it die out?

This was Apollo 17. The lift-off was filmed using the camera mounted on the Lunar Rover (which was left there) and controlled remotely from Mission Control. Quite a simple thing to setup.

2. Temperatures on the moon range from -150 to +250 degrees, but yet they never seem to discuss that when you hear about the moon. They were supposed to have withstood those extreme temperatures for days?

You are correct ... except the moon heats up and cools down slowly. It does not instantly change from -150 to +250 degrees as soon as the sun comes out. All the landings happened early in the Lunar day (which is 14 Earth days long BTW) when the temp was nowhere near the maximum, and plenty of planning for thermal control.

3. Why did the shadow get shorter and longer when the men walk? How is that possible in the sunlight? Only happens in artificial light.

All I can say is you have obviously never walked on a hill, or in a quarry, on a sunny day. The terrain affects shadows enormously ... just pay attention the next time you are out in the Sun.

Don't waste your money on this movie. There is plenty of information about these issues available for free on the web."

"Bart Sibrel's "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon" claims to prove that man never walked on the moon. But the "proof" consists of far-fetched photographic interpretations (including footage of Apollo 11 "staging" its mission), unsupported claims, and rhetorical questions easily answered by common sense and a little research.

We see a staged spacecraft landing on the videobox; the same scene is shown in the video. But since he doesn't mention that these images come from the 1976 fictional movie "Capricorn One," Sibrel obviously wants us to wrongly believe that they are from an Apollo mission.

Sibrel discusses the earth's Van Allen radiation belts, and claims that astronauts traveling through them could not survive. He says this is why the Soviets never sent men to the moon. Truth is, scientists don't really know how dangerous the belts are. But they took the gamble that the men would survive the 90-minute trip through them--which they did. (If the Soviets "knew" no man could survive the belts, why didn't they trumpet this fact when the Americans were claiming to beat them to the moon? Instead, they congratulated NASA.)

The reason the Soviets didn't go is that their moon rocket never worked. We're told that the Soviets' 1969 space technology was ahead of the US, which is baloney; by 1969 the US had docked two spacecraft six times--a maneuver critical for a moon landing--while the Soviets had not done it once.

If the moon landings were faked, how'd they keep the thousands of NASA employees quiet? Sibrel claims "only a few people saw the entire picture," but never gives any names or proof.

Some of Sibrel's reasoning makes your head spin. Sibrel concludes the reason no photos of Neil Armstrong on the moon exist is because he "feared liability" if the moon hoax were revealed. Then why did he sign the moon plaque?

The flag appears to flutter on the moon; how can it if there's no air? Sibrel believes that "massive air conditioners" blew across the soundstage to cool the actors inside the spacesuits, which made the flag flutter. But how could someone feel a breeze inside a spacesuit? (Apparently the fact that the flag, suspended by a rigid wire along its top to keep it unfurled, is shaking, not fluttering, from the astronauts' adjusting the flagpole just seems too simple.)

Sibrel notes that objects lit by one light source produce parallel shadows, and shows a moon photo where two shadows are not parallel. He deduces that there was a secondary light source, which proves they weren't on the moon, since the sun was the moon's only light source. But shadows only run parallel on a flat surface. The moon's surface is not flat, which accounts for the divergent shadows. You can even see this in Sibrel's own demonstration photo, which shows two shadows parallel on a street--but which diverge when they hit the curb!

Sibrel reveals his "lost footage," which supposedly shows Apollo 11 being staged. We see the earth from the spacecraft, which is now halfway to the moon. The earth moves as the camera moves. We also see the earth's penumbra (the line separating day from night). But Sibrel tells us another story. He claims that Apollo is still in earth orbit, and that the astronauts faked the penumbra by placing a piece of cardboard on the window to make the earth look smaller than it really is.

How stupid does Sibrel think we are? If they were in orbit, the continents would be bigger. And when the earth moves, the penumbra moves along with it, which wouldn't happen if the cardboard were attached to the window. (In response to an inquiry before I bought the movie, Sibrel assured me that we see them attaching the cardboard. But we don't.)

We meet a mysterious "third party" who allegedly coached the astronauts with their script: a sinister-looking fellow smoking a cigarette. But he's never identified, and we never hear nor see him saying anything.

Sibrel claims to catch Michael Collins contradicting himself at a press conference, where he says he didn't see any stars; in his later book, he says he did. But Collins is discussing a solar experiment in which the sun's glare blocked out the stars, which is why he couldn't see them.

Other answers:

1. Why is there no moon dust on the landing pads? Dust was blown down and away during landing. Wouldn't it billow up and back? Billowing is caused by the friction of dust particles against air molecules, and there is no air on the moon.

2. Why, if you double the speed of the moon movies, do the astronauts look like they're running on earth? They DON'T look like they're running on earth.

3. Why is there no blast crater underneath the LM? Just before landing, they throttled back to almost no thrust at all. But why does Norman Rockwell's moon landing painting show a blast crater? Artistic license.

Sibrel wants the astronauts to stop lying and come clean. This includes men like Apollo 12's Alan Bean, who now does paintings of astronauts on the moon. And Apollo 15's James Irwin and Apollo 16's Charles Duke, who were both so moved by their moon walks that they became evangelical Christians. Or Apollo 14's Ed Mitchell, whose experience motivated him to found an ESP institute. Funny how these men had their lives changed so profoundly by something that didn't happen.

A possible redeeming use for this truly idiotic video would be to demonstrate tricks con-artists use in constructing faulty arguments, including begging the question (assuming something is true when it has not been proven so) and the argument ad hominem (appealing to emotion so as to lead away from the truth). I hope that there are enough intelligent parents and teachers out there who can explain to their kids why the FOX moon hoax special and "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon" are exercises in deception, absurd arguments, and misleading claims masquerading as facts."

--------------------
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017 - 08:17 PM
Skin created by Vanson Studios, © 2006 Sacred Cow Productions