Reply to this topicStart new topic
left  Joe Rogan Vs. Carlos Mencia   Options  V right
nailfreakrandi
post Feb 14 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #1

sacrosanct

Group: Sacred Members
Member No.: 37

My husband and I went to the World Famous Comedy Store on Sunset BLvd in Hollywood Ca. on 2/10/07 and just as Joe was introducing the next comedian Carlos (Real name is Ned) showed up and took the mike away from Comedian Kirk Fox. Just started talking and right then and there Joe came back on Stage and was going after Carlos about Joke Stealing and all this other stuff. You all can check out on WWW. Joe Rogan.net. You can also check it out on www. You tube.com , a 34 second version was added and then a 10 minute version was put out there too.

All I can say check this stuff out and then you can be the judge. enjoy it. smile.gif

--------------------
----------------------
"Sticks and Stones may break my bones but your momma may never hurt me"

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Feb 15 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #2

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Member No.: 11

I must have caught that shit the moment before they pulled it. I watched two of the ones with Joe and Carlos, then a couple more with Joe- and when I went back to the one's by with Carlos Mencia it says they were removed because of copy right.

His real name is Ned and he's not even Mexican...

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Feb 15 2007, 02:39 AM
Post #3

sacrosanct

Member No.: 92

Stay tuned for the Carlos DVD with Interactive Tits.

--------------------
"If you were supposed to watch your mouth
all of the time, I doubt your eyes would be above it"
- Drive-By Truckers

____________________________________The Earth is Flat____________________________________
+Quote Post
sacredadmin
post Feb 15 2007, 05:44 AM
Post #4

Sacred Admin

Group: Sacred Admins
Member No.: 1

Rogan Video™ tags added for all to enjoy...

+Quote Post
Dickens Cider
post Feb 15 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #5

cow

Member No.: 178

All he had to do was sit quietly and get over himself about being called "Menstealia", but no.
+Quote Post
nailfreakrandi
post Feb 15 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #6

sacrosanct

Just a quick update you can see the video Joe vs. Carlos on Joes Website www.Joerogan.net. The latest is Youtube was being asked by Mr. Mencia if they could pull the video off the site and to me that is obstructing freedom of speech and your rights to put your own response on something. Also its on Joe's my space site too. Doc you are right Carlos is half German and half Honduran also his name is Ned Holeness . He even admitted it that is his name is Ned at the Comedy Store that night it was quite a helluvah night there. smile.gif

--------------------
----------------------

+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Feb 16 2007, 07:13 AM
Post #7

sacrosanct

So when does Dane Cook get his personal public bubble bursting?

--------------------
- Drive-By Truckers

____________________________________The Earth is Flat____________________________________
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Feb 16 2007, 01:28 PM
Post #8

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Member No.: 11

Yeah. I been posting at the Rogan Board. The whole thing with Mencia... It's like I care, I honestly do, but at the same time I don't really give a fuck. You know, like how I am with everything else.

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Feb 16 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #9

sacrosanct

Ned has always been a tool. I remember seeing him do a bit implying that Americans could really get behind nuking the middle east, and no casual observation - it had the tone of a high school pep rally. The response of the audience/herd only reinforced his implication. Television.

--------------------
- Drive-By Truckers

+Quote Post
KevinBooth
post Feb 17 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #10

Brahma

Member No.: 2

Carlos board
+Quote Post
KevinBooth
post Feb 17 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #11

Brahma

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (abbie_nasty @ Aug 1 2005, 03:11 PM)
not because hes from one of them countries where they talk chicken scratch and use monopoly money. carlos obviously stole his entire routine from joe rogan. his look, his manurisms, his style. i swear to god its like looking at a fat illegal immigrant version of joe. i wouldn't be suprised if he steals his damn jokes too. carlos mencia is spanish for gay hack. its true i asked god and he said carlos eats balls

Since you guys feel you need a reply here it is. I have been doing comedy for 18 years now. You can verify that because it all started at the Comedy Store. Joe Rogan came to Hollywood just before he did that TV show for Fox where he played a baseball player. I believe that was in the mid 90's. I started doing comedy in 1988. By the time Joe was on the scene in Hollywood, I had already done 2 HBO specials and hosted countless comedy shows like Locoslam on HBO and Comedy Compadres for syndicated TV. My style was already formed by then. Joe at that time was not on TV and there would have been no way for me to take his style since he was a local Boston comedian and I would have had no access to see his performances. With regards to "Ned" and where I was born, keep reading this forum and you will get a better idea of what you are asking for. I think that if you are going to hate, at least get your facts right. The most influential comedian in my life is Paul Mooney, he is the man that showed all of us young punks how to be subversive in comedy. For the record, I believe that Joe is a phenomenal talent.
+Quote Post
Goatgirluk
post Feb 17 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #12

sacrosanct

Group: Sacred Moderators
Member No.: 17

At least Joe stood up to be counted, and for that he has been dropped by the comedy store after many years, and did I read somewhere his agent?.

I liked Joes idea of getting carlos high, he'd either curl up in the foetal position and cry for 5 hours, or he'd find a cliff to throw himself off. Hallucinogenics have a strange way of peeling back ones layers like that.

--------------------
" The world is a wonderfully weird place, consensual reality is significantly flawed, no institution can be trusted, certainty is a mirage, security a delusion, and the tyranny of the dull mind forever threatens -- but our lives are not as limited as we think they are, all things are possible, laughter is holier than piety, freedom is sweeter than fame, and in the end it's love and love alone that really matters."

- Tom Robbins'

+Quote Post
nailfreakrandi
post Feb 17 2007, 08:12 PM
Post #13

sacrosanct

Just a quick note. My husband and I did not know Joe was even a comedian. I know what planet have we been on. I have always known Joe from Fear Factor and News Radio not knowing he was a stand up. Until one night we decided to go on Sunset Blvd where the Comedy Store is located and I noticed driving by on the billboard Fear Factors Joe Rogan and then we decided that night to go check it out. Boy we were in for a real treat I have never laughed so hard and so much when Joe came on and did his routine, I also had read on his bio on NBC website that he had a cd out and I special ordered it and listened to it one day and really laughed out loud at home and also I bought his DVD Live from the Belly of the Beast which was really funny.

Comedy is hard, sitting down and writing the material and hoping it works once you get out there and tryit. In my own opinion Comedy is one of the hardest things to get into and try to be recognized for what you do. But in agreement again its wrong when someone else takes another ones material and rewords it slightly to make it sound like their own.

We felt bad that Joe had been removed from the Comedy Store for now but we hope he returns some time soon. I did place a phone call to the Comedy Store and expressed that we would love to see Joe come back. Being there that night this all happened was quite an experience all by itself.

We respect Joe and his work and any other comedian who can go and write his or her own material and make the audience laugh and appreciate them.

Carlos reminds me of my father in law's wife. Whenever she has a problem getting along with someone, she drags the entire family into her conflict and expects the family to fix her problems. When the family turns against her, she then declares she is having problems with more family members. That is what Carlos did. He's having a personal problem with Joe. Thus, Carlos decided to get the Comedy store audience involved with his problem.

--------------------
----------------------

+Quote Post
charismagician
post Mar 22 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #14

Supreme Preeminent Master Taurus

Member No.: 301

Am I in the right thread? This is the I love Joe Rogan thread right? cool. Uh, ahem, Joe Rogan Rocks!!!
Nedlos Mencia, uh, didn't he suck a dick?

--------------------
I am not, I am not, and neither are you
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post Mar 23 2007, 12:45 AM
Post #15

sacrosanct

That was Satan's dick and he's still sucking, but he is getting lazy and Satan is losing interest. Pick up the pace, Ned! You got it! Wanna keep it?

--------------------
- Drive-By Truckers

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2018 - 12:54 AM
Skin created by Vanson Studios, © 2006 Sacred Cow Productions