Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sunupu
post Aug 12 2008, 06:37 PM
Post #2

sacrosanct

Group: Sacred Members
Member No.: 474

Look at Kevin B, rocking the mullet! Nice!

I saw this immediately after seeing Bill for the first time (HBO one Night Stand). Fucking rocked my adolescent ass to the core. It's all the time by other comics, but Bill Hicks is the reason I do what I do. If he had come along now (with internet) he would have been unstoppable.

Richard Jeni's right though, he does make you feel shitty for having jokes about the DMV and the differences between men and women.

--------------------
The best way to get over someone is to get under someone.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
robinson
post May 10 2010, 03:12 AM
Post #3

calf

Member No.: 847

His videos are very good and he has hundreds on colloquial language.I do talk about methods I use from time to time though. Good luck on your journey to Japan, and thanks for watching! .It is very nice video.Its really interesting
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post May 22 2010, 09:27 AM
Post #4

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Member No.: 11

Ha, looks like Kevin had them taken down off of Youtube.

"It's just a ride" is one of the most naive and emotionally driven flowers-and-sunshine bullshit Bill ever said. Nice for a Halmark card, but the reasoning breaks down under the slightest scrutiny. It's feel-good nonsense, the counter culture comedy equivalent to saying "God loves you" -- dick jokes for the soul. Hey Darfur, hey citizens in Cambodia under Pol Pot, it's just a ride guys, relax!

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
+Quote Post
Nedak
post May 23 2010, 05:04 PM
Post #5

sacrosanct

Member No.: 441

KB is a cock for taking down the video.

What's the deal with that?

And I disagree.

Please find evidence to show that life is not a ride.
+Quote Post
FunkBone
post May 27 2010, 11:37 PM
Post #6

sacrosanct

Member No.: 92

QUOTE(Dr. Death @ May 22 2010, 09:27 AM) *

Hey Darfur, hey citizens in Cambodia under Pol Pot, it's just a ride guys, relax!

Yeah, they definitely got the shitty seats.

--------------------
"If you were supposed to watch your mouth
all of the time, I doubt your eyes would be above it"
- Drive-By Truckers

____________________________________The Earth is Flat____________________________________
+Quote Post
alvinbell21
post Jun 21 2010, 03:17 AM
Post #7

calf

Member No.: 861

That's easy to say but as long as banks and corporations are allowed to operate as they are, nothing will change. Only total anarchy and a huge scale revolution can do it. The hippies had a chance but they fucked it up. Students these days are too worried about getting a job to care about anything else.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dr. Death
post Jun 22 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #8

Ultra Flaming Death Cow

Member No.: 11

In the early 1980's there were over 50 different companies that produced mainstream media (movies, music, TV shows, etc).

As of 2006 there is five. Viacom, Sony, Disney and two others.

We're like dairy cows to them. They want us on their special diet that inhibits brain development but optimizes milk production. Milk in this case being money. They have no ethics other than greed. Most people don't see it, because they can't see past a superficial level -- they are conditioned not to by that farmer in the straw hat.

It's really too bad the use of hallucinogens aren't a prerequisite for public education. Just a few trips. This sounds absolutely crazy to the uninitiated, because: A. That darn farmer and B. They just don't have the increased perception and intuitive sense of reality it opens one up to.

There is no argument that can't be formed against such mind-expanding benefits, though many would strongly oppose it. No one can attest to an experience they haven't had. It's like trying to counter the testimony of an eye-witness with somebody who was a 1000 miles away.

Anyway, to paraphrase the man himself: If you're in farming kill yourself.

--------------------
"I am the master... AND the commander." -Shake
+Quote Post
Brain Bucket
post Jun 23 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #9

cow

Member No.: 860

Couldn't agree more with the good doctor. I recommend a healthy dose of my avatar.
+Quote Post
Goatgirluk
post Jun 29 2010, 05:33 AM
Post #10

sacrosanct

Group: Sacred Moderators
Member No.: 17

QUOTE(Dr. Death @ Jun 22 2010, 08:33 PM) *

In the early 1980's there were over 50 different companies that produced mainstream media (movies, music, TV shows, etc).

As of 2006 there is five. Viacom, Sony, Disney and two others.

We're like dairy cows to them. They want us on their special diet that inhibits brain development but optimizes milk production. Milk in this case being money. They have no ethics other than greed. Most people don't see it, because they can't see past a superficial level -- they are conditioned not to by that farmer in the straw hat.

It's really too bad the use of hallucinogens aren't a prerequisite for public education. Just a few trips. This sounds absolutely crazy to the uninitiated, because: A. That darn farmer and B. They just don't have the increased perception and intuitive sense of reality it opens one up to.

There is no argument that can't be formed against such mind-expanding benefits, though many would strongly oppose it. No one can attest to an experience they haven't had. It's like trying to counter the testimony of an eye-witness with somebody who was a 1000 miles away.

Anyway, to paraphrase the man himself: If you're in farming kill yourself.

Smooth post Doc, it made me think of the opening scene in Pineapple express

--------------------
" The world is a wonderfully weird place, consensual reality is significantly flawed, no institution can be trusted, certainty is a mirage, security a delusion, and the tyranny of the dull mind forever threatens -- but our lives are not as limited as we think they are, all things are possible, laughter is holier than piety, freedom is sweeter than fame, and in the end it's love and love alone that really matters."

- Tom Robbins'

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017 - 08:20 PM
Skin created by Vanson Studios, © 2006 Sacred Cow Productions