Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Thread where I Prove the World is Flat, also
Sacred Cow Forums > Sacred Cow Forums > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
FunkBone
The world is flat, and much bigger than you ever guessed. There is no 'solar system'. Any pictures of the 'globe' are creations to instill faith in the globes at your library and in your schools, both institutions created to support this illusion. If you have ever been in a plane and noticed the 'curvature of the earth' it is a trick of the light. The pilot is flying to points on a map he has faith in, because he has 'seen the globe'. He has never flown where he is not allowed. He has never made a map. There are places to go in this world that you know nothing about.
Light
I trust this is an attempt to be amusing, rather than petulance at my not blindly accepting what you're trying to assert? If it is the former, then my apologies for this post.
Light
Pop
GOAsT
Good work FunkBone. Here is some more frightening proof....
IPB Image

FunkBone
QUOTE(Light @ Feb 27 2007, 11:25 AM) *

I trust this is an attempt to be amusing, rather than petulance at my not blindly accepting what you're trying to assert? If it is the former, then my apologies for this post.

You think this is humorous Light? Wait, I live in a world that most people think is round - that is kinda funny. Apologize for your post anyway.
Light
We'll call that "amusing" then?

In which case, my apologies.
FunkBone
Are you here to debate the roundness of the world? Or the definition of round? Or maybe when I said round did I really mean roughly spherical? The world is flat and I stand by that. tongue.gif
Dr. Death
You suck helium from a dick.
winnie
QUOTE(FunkBone @ Feb 28 2007, 04:52 PM) *

The world is flat and I stand by that. tongue.gif

Apart from those mountain thingies we have all over the place ?
FunkBone
Those mountains are anchored to the flat earth. Aren't you more excited about the fact that Dr. Death stopped by to amuse us all with his high squeaky voice? I'm still chuckling! It's so cool/cute. Do it again! Sing the chipmunk song....no the Flintstone's theme....no - Who Let the Dogs Out! Hell, anything will do I guess. The world is flat.
FunkBone
IPB Image
The Milky Cowboy

FunkBone
Whoa! Careful there Milky! You are giving away too much!
The Milky Cowboy
QUOTE(FunkBone @ Mar 12 2007, 02:20 PM) *

Whoa! Careful there Milky! You are giving away too much!

It was the zombies part...wasn't it....The zombies always give it away...
FunkBone
It's just that there are many things to be understood before we can discuss the zombie issue, and sunupu is already having trouble with the basics. I'll see what I can do.

Here it is:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

The image of the globe is what you have been taught to accept - one of the biggest lies you have ever been sold. In order to represent all points on this globe on a flat surface you would need to do something like this:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Spaces are created. These are the places in this world that you know nothing about. None of the images is an accurate representation of the shape of these areas, but they'll do for discussion purposes. You cannot go to these places. You will never go to most of the places you were already aware of.
BadgerBob
I have only 5 words for you:

ROUND. THE. WORLD. YACHT. RACE.
FunkBone
They sail in a circle. Kill your television.
BadgerBob
I had a friend - a University graduate in Law believe it or not - who one day let slip her belief in how the universe worked.

She truly believed that the world had 7 suns, and that some were hotter than others. That is why Africa has this huge deserty thing - because it has one of the hottest suns, whereas Europe has a cooler sun. She was adamant about this view - which she had invented as her education had never provided her with the answers.

I like these stories. Much more interesting than the real thing.

Just out of interest - in your view - what does go on at the edges? I bet there is a wall, with a banner on it of Oscar the Grouch saying "The known reality was brought to you today by Coca Cola, and the number 7"
FunkBone
Edge?
BadgerBob
Oh, so is this a quantum mechanics thing we are talking here? Where multi-dimensional space folds in on itself creating the illusion of length, breadth, height? We have to exist in this space as energy forms so we have to agree on what is out there - hence systems like inventions of cars and things to explain how we as energy forms are moving through space and time.

Or is it you are not FunkBone but FunkBono - that crass sunglass obsessive shit-tit, and you were distracted by your lead guitarist?
FunkBone
There are no edges. If you were able to walk a straight line you would keep going and going and not return to your start point. You will never be able or allowed to perform this experiment.
BadgerBob
No, 'cause I'd walk into the fucking ocean, wouldn't I.

Light
I don't wish to be rude Funkbone, but haven't you done this one before? The one where you lead everyone into an argument before dancing around crowing "HA! I'd already said I don't really believe in a flat earth; the clues were there from the start and because you missed them, thus I win!"

Couldn't you do something, I dunno, original?
charismagician
So, like, a, your saying, a, if I continue digging my hole to China, I, a, won't get there?
sunupu
Well, no, not even if the Earth was round. You'd just burn alive in the molten core of the Earth.

So that's it, at the edges of the map space just continues to infinity?
charismagician
like light said, old and unoriginal
sunupu
Oh hey, I didn't even read that. Still, I think it's hard to claim ownership on the idea of the Earth being round. Maybe in Galileo's time, but not now.

FB always makes me think in ways I couldn't (want to, burn!), but at the same time I question his reasoning.

Believing the Earth is flat is an expression for being behind the times. Like you say, "Hey FB, you're still playing Dreamcast?" And I say, "Please, FB's so behind the times he still thinks the Earth is flat!"

Okay, shitty example. It's been a rough day. I saved a dog from drowning at the beach and rode home in an ice cream truck.
Dr. Death
IPB Image
sunupu
You should start using that picture after completely serious posts, like after conspiracy arguments.

I'll leave you with just the end of a joke, no beginning.

"...and so I said, "Honey, you don't need those Graham Crackers in your mouth. I can finish fine without those!"
Dr. Death
IPB Image
sunupu
See, that's too animated, made it seem like I was funny. Next time pull out one of your eighty "epic fail" pictures. They always seem to get the message across.
Helen87
The world is flat? Okaaay. Are you for real? I just hope that the sky doesn't fall on us.
Dr. Death
Hobbits are real. I'm not joking. Ask FunkBone.
Light
QUOTE(Dr. Death @ Aug 9 2008, 09:24 PM) *

IPB Image

This is my new favourite picture.
BadgerBob
When politicans shake your hands, they steal your DNA and fuck your clones. Now that is a certifiable fact.

Hobbits were real. They died out though.
Dr. Death
QUOTE(Light @ Aug 10 2008, 10:52 AM) *

This is my new favourite picture.

I almost went with the Goudy Stout font, but changed it to Chiller at the last moment. Good thing too, it makes quite a thematic statement in that shade of green. I am going to have a hard time not placing after every single thing BadgerBob posts.
BadgerBob
Keep them shining.

charismagician
IPB Image
BadgerBob
The marketeering alternative to discourse.
Nedak
It would be fun to fuck a Hobbit.
BadgerBob
I wouldn't, but Elijah Wood.
Dr. Death
You'd fuck Elijah Wood?
BadAlbert
I don't know, I think if the world was flat there would be some evidence for it. I do believe that the moon landings were faked though. The reason I believe that is because there is actually no moon. The whole moon thing is a fable created by an ancient sect which began way back in the mists of time. They started by adding the idea of a 'moon' to stories and legends, then art etc till the point where people looked up and actually saw a 'moon' such is the power of belief. This ancient sect have now infiltrated the structures of global power and their ultimate aim is to make sure everyone buys electronic goods and shitty music, which at the same time serves to distract from this ultimate truth. Where do you think the phrase 'moonshine' comes from? Or 'hogwash' for that matter? Yes.
Nedak
What's the thing in the sky then?
BadAlbert
That's the whole point. There is no 'thing in the sky' that's simply what your primitive man brain has been programmed to see.
Nedak
But my boners ARE real right?
charismagician
yes, but they are flat.
Nedak
that wouldn't be a boner then
charismagician
If you were to fold your erect penis over onto itself, it would unfurl the fabric of the space time continuum and appear to be flat, but only in that universe.
Nedak
I see
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.